• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tsukimonogatari (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote

Tsukimonogatari (TV)

Genres:
Themes:

Plot Summary: "Please!—Do it, and get it over with." Slowly but surely, Koyomi Araragi, who "has been averting his eyes from reality," has no choice but to face it. February comes, and the college entrance exam is approaching. What is this "change" that is happening to his body that cannot be overlooked? The "Monogatari" begins to sprint towards its conclusion. This is Oddity taking place in the modern world! In a story of youth, a word of farewell is inevitable.
----------------------------------

A big fan of the Monogatari franchise here. After seeing Hanamonogatari earlier this year, I have high expectations for this. It'll only be four episodes but should be quite interesting going by the premise.

I'm also curious to see what memorable dialogues they will be using for this considering the Monogatari franchise is famous for its dialogues.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote
This is doing the traditional marathon airing on 31st December right?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:08 am Reply with quote
Having watched this, it's the usual quality from Shaft in their adaptation of the novels. Virtually nothing new added and almost everything included in a faithful adaptation.

I didn't like the voice used for spoiler[Teori Masatsuru], but the visual used to represent him is a heavy hint that the remaining novels are going to be animated in the near future.

Watching this in isolation is definitely not recommended, either watch the whole series from the beginning or don't bother since a lot of the scenes hint at previous novels.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
Episodes 1-4 (Marathon)

Always interesting trying to identify the themes in this series. I think that an interesting kind of revelation was along the lines that spoiler[Oshino Meme often telling others that they have to help themselves because of the hint that those that interact with apparitions are at risk of being apparitions themselves]. Because Koyomi was spoiler[getting so used to be a vampire he was becoming one. Since Yotsugi was the icon for this arc I was thinking that perhaps her situation as an apparition cast on a body would be similar to what had happened Koyomi].

From the story standpoint I could see that spoiler[Yotsugi was going to kill the man, there was something in the earlier conversation that Koyomi telling her not to do it would mean it would be her choice]. Choice it seems, spoiler[I think has been an increasingly major part of the series, and as said by this arcs so called villain, their choices seemed be being manipulated, questioning whether they have one or not]. We can clearly see that the spoiler[real enemy is Ougi, which people like Koyomi and Suruga seem to continuously lose track of things related to her/him/it, and not realise when something important is said].

The guy who spoiler[kidnapped the girls seemed to realise that he had been manipulated, and that his part of being killed had already been chosen]. Yotsugi managed to spoiler[somewhat realise what Ougi was, and appears that on Gaen's end they are trying to fight against what Ougi is up to.]

And what about the spoiler[hawt bathing scene]. Does it beat toothbrush? I will overall rate it as Good.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Really loved Shaft's style of this overall and the storytelling. I like how it was able to set up the episodes step by step and was able to convey the point all the way through. The fan service didn't really bother me and I thought was actually kinda funny for the first episode. That aside, the dialogues were very appealing and the word plays helped the style of this helped out as well too.

It was great to see most of my favorite characters in these four episodes especially Araragi.

Ononoki really is like a doll in these four episodes and her actions were quite something to remember especially at the climax for the shrine. Rating this as excellent. I am disappointed that they didn't announce anything afterwards though unlike Nekomonogatari two years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The fan service didn't really bother me...

Seems like they were right on not sexualizing the lolis, just about everyone else after that one scene in Nise.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
daisuki stream player won't play for me for atleat a month now. I hope this show up in CR soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1