• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui PS3/Vita Port's 3-Minute Promo Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles-G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:59 am Reply with quote
Add that to the list of games I'm never going to see ._.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Given how a long visual novel like Hakuoki was released in English on PS3 and the upcoming Steins;Gate, I wouldn't totally discount this one for localization.

The biggest hurdle would probably be translating the other arcs apart from the eight main ones. Perhaps after they finish re-translating the PC versions, they might consider this one.

I might end up getting the Japanese version one day though, either when it gets discounted or if they ever release a "Best" version. Since it's fully voiced, it's perfect for helping me learn Japanese with my regular studies.
Quark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm super excited to pick this up - it will be my first time playing a Higurashi game. The big debate for me is whether I should get it for the PS3 or for PS Vita. Decisions, decisions...
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
I'm super excited to pick this up - it will be my first time playing a Higurashi game. The big debate for me is whether I should get it for the PS3 or for PS Vita. Decisions, decisions...

If you have the Vita, I'd go with that as it's portable. I only have the PS3 though, so I'll eventually go with that. There is cross-save between both platforms, so that's always something.

Just know that you have to understand Japanese to fully enjoy the game, though I imagine that you're already aware of that. Smile
Quark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:15 pm Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:

If you have the Vita, I'd go with that as it's portable. I only have the PS3 though, so I'll eventually go with that. There is cross-save between both platforms, so that's always something.

Yeah, thinking about it today, the Vita makes the most sense. I can play it on the bus and in bed. It was just that I thought being able to play it on the TV would be pretty sweet.
Quote:

Just know that you have to understand Japanese to fully enjoy the game, though I imagine that you're already aware of that. Smile

うん、分かります。日本語は苦手ですけど。。。
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yeah, thinking about it today, the Vita makes the most sense. I can play it on the bus and in bed. It was just that I thought being able to play it on the TV would be pretty sweet.

Then buy both? Smile

That would be pretty expensive though. I'm personally going to wait, because it'll either be discounted or it'll get a "Best" version.

Quote:
うん、分かります。日本語は苦手ですけど。。。

あ、そうですか?やっぱりね。でも私も上手じゃありません。( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1