• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non Non Biyori Anime Staff, nano.RIPE Band Return for 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Interesting more info revealed including band and it looks like Silver Link (how many series is that already 4?) will be in charge. Very excited for the second season!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Silver Link and the staff returning is nice for consistency (Especially since nowadays there's a bunch of Brain's Base shows being shipped off to other studios) but nano.RIPE too? This is just fantastic.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
yay for nano.ripe
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Non Non Biyori seemed like a show that would appeal to me (cute girls slice-of-life) though I never got around to watching it when it was streaming but I blind-bought the Blu-Ray for Christmas and very much enjoyed it so I am obviously looking forward to seeing the second season.

I presume the first episode will be about spoiler[the girls visiting Okinawa] (continuing the story started in the short OVA episode). I hope the OVA will be attached to the second season should Sentai Filmworks release the second season on Blu-Ray (I know that won't happen until mid-2016 at the earliest).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Going in, I gave Non Non Biyori a shot because it was something different for me. It's not the type of show that I usually enjoy, but the character interactions are too fun to watch, that it just won me over.

I'm pretty excited at being able to see more of these kids, just hope that Candy Shop is in it more.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Interesting more info revealed including band and it looks like Silver Link (how many series is that already 4?) will be in charge. Very excited for the second season!

It depends on if you are counting it as animation production or it being something like in-between animation because I think the latter would give it more titles.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

I'm pretty excited at being able to see more of these kids, just hope that Candy Shop is in it more.

I'd say Kaede Kagayama is my favourite supporting character but I'm afraid I'm already a bit biased towards her because she's voiced by Rina Satou, who also played (and will hopefully play again) Haruka Minami in Minami-ke, and my favourite characters in so many modern anime have a tendency to share seiyuu with Minami-ke characters. But, even if she had a different VA, I think I'd like Kaede best out of the supporting characters, mainly because of the flashback episode with baby Renge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TJR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:24 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
(Especially since nowadays there's a bunch of Brain's Base shows being shipped off to other studios)

Well, there's probably a good reason for that. On the plus side, Durarara went to the right place, so this is as consistent of an arrangement as might be expected. It's certainly more consistent than if Brains Base were handling the sequel.

With the industry fragmenting so fast, I'm not sure how to define studio continuity. Some company changes can even be deceptive, as in the case of the Persona series (i.e. A-1 Pictures absorbed the team, so it's the same group under a new employer).
laceblade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Non Non Biyori didn't have enough to keep me watching, but I am always excited for new nano.RIPE music!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1