• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Casts Michele Knotz, Melanie Ehrlich, More in Holy Knight OVA

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Why is there a news article for every additional cast update for the Holy Knight dub? I sort of understood when the same thing was done for Attack on Titan because that's a massively popular show, but Holy Knight? Really?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Where is the LVB cast list?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Do the people sending out these news now know how much of a giant turd this OVA is? It's one of the worst. It deserves no news. It's just shit.
I'm assuming these articles are sponsored. I also doubt any voice actor would WANT this on their resume. It's one step above hentai. Actually, I've seen hentai with FAR better plot.

Last edited by DmonHiro on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Michele Knotz...Wasn't she May from Pokémon Advanced? It's been ages since then.

In any case, I'll give this show a watch when it's all done.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I see this many announcements more newsworthy if it was a 24-ep. anime but it isn't.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Why is there a news article for every additional cast update for the Holy Knight dub? I sort of understood when the same thing was done for Attack on Titan because that's a massively popular show, but Holy Knight? Really?

They've got nothing else to sell, so they're focusing all their effort here. My guess is they'll use this release to start advertising for LVB.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
And now I feel like an asshole. Seems this is a small company with their first release ever. They literally have nothing else to announce. I feel bad for picking on them.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
You can pick on them all you want, they focused too much on crappy live action junk that no one wanted and ran their company to the brink. The funniest thing recently being them canceling a Lodoss release citing lost materials, and then Japan releases one of the best BD remasters out there.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Wait, this is THE Media Blasters? I thought MB VoiceWorks was some new company just starting into the business.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:02 pm Reply with quote
If it means anything, this OVA wasn't on my radar at all, but now I'm curious, if anything to check out the dub. They're really excited about their first dub, and they're hyping it up. It's gotten people taking about it.

MB Voiceworks is a new ADR production company based in New York. They don't license anime. MB actually stands for founders Melanie Ehrlich and Brittany Lauda.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Michele Knotz...Wasn't she May from Pokémon Advanced? It's been ages since then.

She was May in the Battle Frontier season and the Temple of the Sea movie (and any odd cameos since). Otherwise, Veronica Taylor was May.

Last edited by PurpleWarrior13 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey, the JoJo's Bizzare Adventure Abridged guy is in there.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why it bothers anybody that Media Blasters is putting in some effort to promote this release. As others have pointed out, they have little to nothing else to promote right now, so they have to work with it. I'm sure they'd promote better material if they could right now, so I'll give them credit for at least making the effort. When you throw in that the company handling the VO is quite new, it is understandable that they at least want to get word out.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat as PurpleWarrior. This little OVA wasn't even remotely on my radar before, but after they started these regular announcements, I kinda wanna check it out. If nothing else, I'd like to see the maiden voyage of this new dub studio, even if the show itself turns out to be a pile.

Who knows? With Michelle Knotz and Mike Pollock, they've got some pretty decent talent in the cast. The dub *MAY* actually not be half bad. Smile
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote
An Abridged fandubber in an official dub is a dream that many fandubbers may want.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
An Abridged fandubber in an official dub is a dream that many fandubbers may want.

It happens more often than you think. Martin Billany (aka LittleKuriboh) was in the dub for the K-on! movie, Chris Guerrero (aka General-Ivan) is the voice of the narrator in Toriko, and if I'm not mistaken, one of the guys who runs the official One Piece podcast recently got cast in the actual show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2