Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Musume Anime's 1st Promo Previews Opening Theme


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11653
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
Wow, I like the quality of this. Hopefully it won't be censored much but the PV actually impressed me from what I've seen.

Catchy theme song as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Animation looks solid, and the OP sounds fitting with the general theme of the series.

Hearing Amamiya Sora voicing Mīa sounded a bit odd; I can't quite put my finger on it, but she just sounds different... I guess. I don't know, maybe it'll grow on me or she'll use different tone when the show actually airs - like how in Ore Monogatari!!'s PVs, Han Megumi sounded too high-pitched (borderline squealing even) as Yamato Rinko, but in the actual airing her tone was lower-pitched and mellower.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marconii2002



Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Are you ready for white beams ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chaos Wings



Joined: 05 May 2015
Posts: 276
Location: Your guess is as good as mine?!
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
I know people have said good things about the manga, but I honestly didn't know what to expect from the show itself.

After watching the PV I now find myself optimistically looking forward to it however. I'm impressed by what's been shown so far, looks like it will be a quality production (hopefully). So I'll definitely be watching come the start of the Summer season.

Also Sora Amamiya as Miia, I approve. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
relyat08



Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 4125
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the nichijou(everyday life) aspect of this show takes a back seat. This could have potential. I'll give it a few episodes at the very least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Zilan



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 167
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait, the manga is so funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Metal Fennrir



Joined: 03 May 2015
Posts: 70
Location: Costa Rica
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that's really, REALLY unhappy about the voice actresses on this show? I've read the manga so I can pretty much say that, by now, I have a grasp of the personalities of each character, and OH BOY DO THEY SOUND FUCKED UP!

I hope it's just the line they're reading and not actually the general tone of their characters... I mean, only Centoria and Melo sound kind of close to how their personalities are

This is just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong and the anime might prove me wrong. But this PV just leaves me with a bad aftertaste
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Metal Fennrir wrote:
This is just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong and the anime might prove me wrong. But this PV just leaves me with a bad aftertaste


With opinions you can't be 'wrong', just 'not mainstream'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asterisk-CGY



Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 390
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I had the idea Miia had a more Lum like voice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Themaster20000



Joined: 05 Aug 2014
Posts: 782
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
I know people have said good things about the manga, but I honestly didn't know what to expect from the show itself.

After watching the PV I now find myself optimistically looking forward to it however. I'm impressed by what's been shown so far, looks like it will be a quality production (hopefully). So I'll definitely be watching come the start of the Summer season.

Also Sora Amamiya as Miia, I approve. Smile


I was surprised at the animation quality. It's clear they put some money into this production. Not a fan of the music though which I found obnoxious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrainBlow



Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 353
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Metal Fennrir wrote:
Am I the only one that's really, REALLY unhappy about the voice actresses on this show? I've read the manga so I can pretty much say that, by now, I have a grasp of the personalities of each character, and OH BOY DO THEY SOUND FUCKED UP!

I hope it's just the line they're reading and not actually the general tone of their characters... I mean, only Centoria and Melo sound kind of close to how their personalities are

This is just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong and the anime might prove me wrong. But this PV just leaves me with a bad aftertaste

The choice of VA for Papi ios a good one, and Centorea's voice at least sounds good enough to be passable.
Miia's voice is a disappointment, though. Her role is a role that was screaming for the voice of someone like Nao Toyama. That would have been pitch perfect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WANNFH



Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 1017
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Smith with MON" — a unit made up of the voice actresses for Ms. Smith, Manako, Tionishia, Zombina, and Doppel — will perform the ending theme song "Hey! Smith!!"


Wait, MON is also presented? They're going two-cour?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Utsuro no Hako



Joined: 18 May 2012
Posts: 1007
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Apparently nipples don't require lightbeams if they're the same color as the rest of the skin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 6157
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I cannot wait for the silliness to begin. Of course expect those T&A jokes, but hey that's the whole point of the show. This might be the one harem show I can get behind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
infamoustakai



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 323
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Goodness, that was beautiful. Please please please let Funimation get this so we have a guaranteed English dub! And PLEASE let Brittany Karbowski play Miia!

WANNFH wrote:
Quote:
"Smith with MON" — a unit made up of the voice actresses for Ms. Smith, Manako, Tionishia, Zombina, and Doppel — will perform the ending theme song "Hey! Smith!!"


Wait, MON is also presented? They're going two-cour?


They wouldn't need to go two-cour to show MON.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group