×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Cat "Win it Before you can Buy It" Give-Away


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Animedude35



Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 98
Location: Dallas, Texas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
er...I get an error that says invalid date of birth....but I don't see blank space for DOB =/

edit: nevermind, it just suddenly appeared....probably because you guys were still setting up the contest =P


Last edited by Animedude35 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 10440
Location: Do not message me for support.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Animedude35 wrote:
er...I get an error that says invalid date of birth....but I don't see blank space for DOB =/


Fixed. We don't need, or want your DOB for this contest, but a small bug made the script reject entries with no DOB entry. We'll get the script fixed shortly, and then remove the DOB field. If anyone is uncomfortable submitting their DOB, please come back tomorrow, by then the requirement for that entry will no longer be there.

Thanks,

-t
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Animedude35



Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 98
Location: Dallas, Texas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:


Fixed. We don't need, or want your DOB for this contest, but a small bug made the script reject entries with no DOB entry. We'll get the script fixed shortly, and then remove the DOB field. If anyone is uncomfortable submitting their DOB, please come back tomorrow, by then the requirement for that entry will no longer be there.

Thanks,

-t


Hehe, I didn't mind the DOB, I was just wondering why you would want it, and the only reasons would be the stats on the demographic age group of whoever enters these contest or the title was a mature title =P

I didn't mind either way, so I put my DOB, so it's all good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop



Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 670
Location: In front of the computer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Yay More stuff to win fre!!

And this time an even better chance...
Can you enter more than once, it is mentioned in the fine print or anything
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 10440
Location: Do not message me for support.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:

Can you enter more than once, it is mentioned in the fine print or anything


It is now. I forgot to include it. It's only 1 entry per person (We judge a person based on the computer/mailing address/e-mail address, every entry must be unique in all those areas).

Sorry about not having that up earlier.

-t
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher


Joined: 29 Dec 2001
Posts: 10440
Location: Do not message me for support.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Animedude35 wrote:
Hehe, I didn't mind the DOB, I was just wondering why you would want it, and the only reasons would be the stats on the demographic age group of whoever enters these contest or the title was a mature title =P


It's for our sponsors, COPPA makes it illegal for American entities to collect more than 1 piece of information from anyone under 13 years of age. Anime News Network is not an American entity, and Anime News Network is actually the entity collecting the information, not the sponsor, so we don't particularly care. But when our sponsors request it, we enable the COPPA filter anyways. Nintendo requested it for an upcoming contest.

It's a recent addition to the script, and it turns out that there's a small bug.

FUNimation didn't request COPPA protection, so we prefer to turn it off. There are a few more similar features we will be adding to the contests in order to make them legal in Canada (turns out we need a "skill testing question") and also screen for ages other than 13 when a title is mature rated (ie 16+).

-t
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Richard J.



Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3367
Location: Sic Semper Tyrannis.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Another great contest! I'm entered, though I actually have no idea what Black Cat is like. (What the heck right? Funi releases rarely suck so I should be safe.)

Any chance these Volume 1's might turn into Volume 1's with artboxes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vikari



Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quote
oops, I accidentally entered twice because i don't think it went threw the first time Srry

Last edited by vikari on Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kimyo



Joined: 31 May 2005
Posts: 101
Location: In my own world.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Nintendo requested it for an upcoming contest.


There's gonna be a Nintendo contest? *drool* Any chance it'll involve the new Legend of Zelda game or the Wii?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marklungo



Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 80
Location: Berea, Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Another great contest! I'm entered, though I actually have no idea what Black Cat is like. (What the heck right? Funi releases rarely suck so I should be safe.)


anime#5245
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Cat_%28manga%29
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
britannicamoore



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 2618
Location: Out.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
this is a show i've been waiting on for awhile. i've been reading the manga and its great. But I think the manga and anime are a little different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deltakiral



Joined: 07 Oct 2004
Posts: 3338
Location: Glendora, CA (Avatar Hei from Darker than BLACK)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Free stuff, and what's even better it's free stuff that I actually want!!! I so hope that I win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
vikari



Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Another great contest! I'm entered, though I actually have no idea what Black Cat is like. (What the heck right? Funi releases rarely suck so I should be safe.)

Any chance these Volume 1's might turn into Volume 1's with artboxes?
That would be nice [/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
v1cious



Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Posts: 6209
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
It's for our sponsors, COPPA makes it illegal for American entities to collect more than 1 piece of information from anyone under 13 years of age. Anime News Network is not an American entity, and Anime News Network is actually the entity collecting the information, not the sponsor, so we don't particularly care. But when our sponsors request it, we enable the COPPA filter anyways. Nintendo requested it for an upcoming contest.


when is this supposed to happen? or are you not at liberty to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Saviour Atrhun Zala



Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 24
Location: US
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I entered and can't wait to see who are the lucky 10 that get the prize,though I want it. But it's okay,I just like doing contests for fun!! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group