• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ojō-sama Gakkō ni 'Shomin Sample' Toshite Gets-rareta Ken Anime's 2nd Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver4000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm reading the manga version so I don't know if the illustrations are the same as the LN, but the designs on the anime seem a bit odd to me.
Kurai_Seraphim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I read the description and went "Oh neat, maybe it'll be like Ouran High School Host Club", then I thought about it and realized that it's far more likely a by-the-books harem show than something that strives to be a little more.

It bodes poorly when the protagonist as as neutral and average and normal as possible. Eventually Japan will just sub in a Mii from your Wii when watching these self-insert fantasies.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow are those descpritions misleading.

spoiler[=======================================
============================================
============================================
==========]

The childhood friend on the other is a dog to put it politely. The only reason she is worried about him because she doesn't have her punching bag around, but she is only abusive to the main character throughout.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Silver4000 wrote:
I'm reading the manga version so I don't know if the illustrations are the same as the LN, but the designs on the anime seem a bit odd to me.

I know. The overall design is there, but it lack... I don't know, the liveliness? (I think) of the written media versions. Recently I re-read some of the manga chapters, and I came to realize that while I find the manga version enjoyable and a good way to pass the time, that's about 10 minutes per chapter, not 25, and some scenes that look interesting in written form might turn out dull when animated.

@CrownKlown
I think a spoiler tag would be appropriate.
burnpsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
@CrownKlown
I think a spoiler tag would be appropriate.

Maybe on the maid stuff. For the childhood friend, not really. I'm reading the manga as well - these are some of the first things you learn about these characters.
SandyBoi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:17 am Reply with quote
Ugh, seriously not liking the designs for this.

Character designs for the manga version were much better.
Maybe I'll get used to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1