• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth PS4, PS Vita Game Dated for February 2 in the Americas

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote
The year 2016 is a big one. A lot of games, anime, technology, and ect. Will be released that year I am looking forward to it.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Another game where the PS4 gets awesome deals and the PSV gets gypped :/
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Day 1 buy.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
The video says Pegi 7 but the picture has ESRB Teen. Seems like a bit of a rating gap there lol. Also weird that the trailer has an English voice narrating for an in-game character, isn't it supposed to be a sub-only release?
B00m23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:
Awesome. Another game where the PS4 gets awesome deals and the PSV gets gypped :/

Yeah, a bunch of cosmetics and cheats with 2 measly digimon. Big whoop.
Don't even care that it's digital, rather have that than no game at all.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Day 1.

Exalted Incarnate wrote:
The year 2016 is a big one. A lot of games, anime, technology, and ect. Will be released that year I am looking forward to it.

Yup, my wallet's going to be crying next year, but I can't wait.

Raikuro wrote:
The video says Pegi 7 but the picture has ESRB Teen. Seems like a bit of a rating gap there lol. Also weird that the trailer has an English voice narrating for an in-game character, isn't it supposed to be a sub-only release?

Yeah, it's supposed to be sub-only. It's really a shame and weird. Dual audio would have been really nice.
YamiWheeler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Sucks that the pre-order bonuses don't extend to the PS Vita version. I was leaning more towards that one, since IMO this is more of a portable play game. However, I love Digimon so much, I might have to get both.

Last edited by YamiWheeler on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
B00m23 wrote:
WashuTakahashi wrote:

lol Exactly. Final Fantasy Type-0 fans actually have a reason to complain. They demanded that the game be on Vita, but it ended up on Xbox One(we all know no one asked for that) where it would bomb because Hajime Tabata can't see small screens very well like he once did(Tabata then laughs).
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
An English trailer for a gaming title that's going to be sold without an English version? This is not good news for those were expecting a dub after watching this trailer. Yes, there's the fine print saying that there's no English version of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, but why spend all that time producing an English trailer if the title is going to be sub-only? Confused
B00m23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Didn't expect the people here wishing for a dub. Most people here seemed to be strictly sub only.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
B00m23 wrote:
WashuTakahashi wrote:

lol Exactly. Final Fantasy Type-0 fans actually have a reason to complain. They demanded that the game be on Vita, but it ended up on Xbox One(we all know no one asked for that) where it would bomb because Hajime Tabata can't see small screens very well like he once did(Tabata then laughs).

It was on the ps4 as well.

Honestly, I don't want rpgs on the handhelds. We have had way too long of a trend where really good rpgs like shin megami IV, dragon quest, bravely default etc where made for handheld only. If its on both then fine, but if it has to be one or the other I always prefer consoles.

I drive to work, only take a flight maybe 3-5 times a year, there really is never anytime where I actually can play a handheld, especially an rpg that might last 20-30 hours.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

The fact that you missed the point of it all. smh
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
KH91 wrote:
B00m23 wrote:
WashuTakahashi wrote:

Honestly, I don't want rpgs on the handhelds. We have had way too long of a trend where really good rpgs like shin megami IV, dragon quest, bravely default etc where made for handheld only. If its on both then fine, but if it has to be one or the other I always prefer consoles.

I drive to work, only take a flight maybe 3-5 times a year, there really is never anytime where I actually can play a handheld, especially an rpg that might last 20-30 hours.

He knows that but the PS4 version didn't bomb, I think his point was they released it on a console they knew it would bomb on, instead of doing a Vita release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kai Kawasumi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know whether or not the pre-order bonus is exclusive to Bandai Namco's online store? I would prefer to pre-order it from Amazon if possible to do that, and still get the pre-order bonus Razz
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:31 am Reply with quote
It's to be expected no disc for PS Vita in Americas; it's the perils of a dying system there. (Just like Xbox fans in Japan feel.)

B00m23 wrote:

Didn't expect the people here wishing for a dub. Most people here seemed to be strictly sub only.

Not for Digimon - that has a history of dub in the West.

KH91 wrote:

but it ended up on Xbox One(we all know no one asked for that) where it would bomb because Hajime Tabata can't see small screens very well like he once did(Tabata then laughs).

They probably did that since it's a Final Fantasy which they expect to sell in the West anyways where more people would buy in home consoles than on handhelds. So the XB1 version was more for the West than for Japan, but since they gonna produce that anyway, might as well sell it in Japan too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2