• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Danganronpa V3 Game Previewed in Promo Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Well Dangan Ronpa, you got me. I have absolutely no idea how this game is going to go. For instance, why does our main character look like an Anti-Shadow weapon from Persona?

They claim that no characters from the past DR games will return, which may mean that this is the first game where spoiler[Junko] has no influence on the plot whatsoever. Which I doubt cause that girl will wiggle here way into anything.

I'm also hoping that this somehow involves the children from Ultra Despair Girls. Especially Monaca. That reveal at the end shouldn't be wasted!

Here's one of my attempts at a theory though.
spoiler[At the end of UDG, it was revealed that there were two Junko AIs. One was seen in SDR2, so where's the other half? Installed into our main character who is very mecha.]

And I'm also going to assume, like a lot of folks, that they may be scrapping the SHSL titles for this one since Hope's Peak isn't the focus. Maybe. It's too much of a staple of the series though, like the Pepto Bismal blood.

Now to just sit around and wait for announcements. 2016 can't come any faster.
Batknight94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Danganronpa is so insane even its announcements have plot twists, and the game is not even out yet!
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I really respect danganronpa's willingness to go in crazy new directions. I'm calling that protagonist Mechkoto.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to play another Danganronpa! Very Happy great games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1