• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Luck and Logic (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Luck and Logic (TV)

Genres: Magic
Themes:

Plot Summary: In L.C. 922, people faced a sudden crisis. In Tetra Heaven, the land of legend, a hundred years of war had come to a close. The gods who lost the war searched for a new place to live, and found it in Septpia, the human world, which they proceeded to attack. The Logicalists attached to ALCA, a special police agency whose duty it was to protect cities from assaults by foreigners (angels), were compelled to act in defense of cities, whether they wished to or not. Depending on their ability, Logicalists could initiate trance with goddesses from the other world, and stand a fighting chance on the battlefield. A civilian named Yoshichika Tsurugi, who lacked "Logic" and lived happily with his family, was caught up in an attack, and took shelter along with many people. He meets a beautiful goddess named Athena. In her hands, she had the "Logic" that Yoshichika lacked. Now both Yoshichika and Athena head to their destiny.
----------------------------------

Follows the card game which itself is also relatively new.

I'm a fan of card game adaptations like Yugioh (watching Arc-V this season) and Cardfight Vanguard so I'm very interested in seeing this. Animation wise, it doesn't look too impressive so far but the premise has potential Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Hmm, that was kinda confusing for an episode but it has some potential. I mean, ALCA's Athena is mysterious enough and so far the monsters, logic, etc. Apparently, Logicalists are rare in their world so all of them are highly sought out.

Action was okay, better than I thought.

Hope they don't neglect the card game mechanics since they didn't really focus much on that yet..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Action, adventure, powers..
Just not the kind I had in mind.
Basically seems pretty straightforward.
Fight the enemy & save the world/people.
Not interested. Skipping.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

This is based on a card game, right? Hmm, apparently the actual card game is not out yet, but late February. I mention it because it is a little obvious with some things, but at the same time there is a world of difference between what this did compared to Phantasy Star Online 2: The animation, and that is it seems to care about actually setting a rather decent story instead of drunkenly yelling at the audience to play their product. Releasing its card game around the same time as the anime, it kind of brings to mind Selector Infected WIXOS, which was a little heavier on it being a card game. And yet a bit of Z/X Ignition in its setting, I think that is why there is a feeling of being weary with this despite not being too bad.

A lot of strange jargon, which I guess is sounding strange to us native English speakers, "Luck" does not equal "magic", "foreigners" sounds a little odd, and I don't even know what to think of words like "covenanters" and "logicalists".

Really, this should be a tad more cliché, but there were no really annoying personalities, and I think the sister not wanting her brother get into danger was actually pretty cool with how it was handled. I wonder how the rest will turn out. Also, if they kiss the person they are paired up with, does that mean the girls kiss as well as he did with what I am pretty sure looked like a guy in the past?
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:58 pm Reply with quote
episode one

The little sister insisting that Yoshichika is just "Villager A" most of the way through the episode was pretty adorable. I hope she stays a part of the story but I suspect she's mostly going to be left behind, poor thing.

I'm a little disappointed that I don't think we actually saw any instances of what happens to a normal person should they get touched by the Paradox Zone. It's stated to be fatal, but it seems like it would be fatal in an interesting fashion.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I must admit I was surprised by the truth of Olga. I thought for sure he was some ultimate powerful veteran, with a dark past. Instead spoiler[he is contract less and acts more akin to a chuuni].
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
episode two

I feel bad for the former team leader. Apparently, not even stylish hair accessories can save you from the wrath of the main character's ascension.

The weird thing about the whole joke with Olga is that it was also sort of a psych-out on this episode introducing anything resembling a main storyline, which was a bit of a disappointment. I mean, really, they didn't accomplish much in the episode since they only barely pulled off introductions either.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:40 pm Reply with quote
After two episodes it seems this show isn't bad, but also isn't anything special. If I had more time to spare I might go another 1-2 episodes but as it is I think I'll drop this one.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I am digging the transformation costumes, especially the male lead's set up as it is rare that the theme is a shield with battle robes.
I just wish this show could be a bit more engaging, but just as well it is much more intriguing than the bland the PSO2 work piece.
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
I felt like trolled by spoiler[Olga being actually... nothing special. Let's remember that Plot-explainer-girl is allowed to team reunions and tactics room.l] Still, spoiler[why is he allowed to stay in ALCA? Is there a real secret, their parents have connections, or can't stand him?]

That sense of humor is one of the few things original. That and Main-Character's family.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

That was a bit meh..imo. Mostly I think it's because I don't care much about Tamaki and her personality feels dull. Surprisingly, I liked the action and choreography of this episode against the Succubus. The ending has a weird feeling to it about that Lucifer guy. Trancing...?

Oh and the Chief is a badass. We need more of her although her decisions seems a bit controversial?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Hmm, so teamwork does work out in the end. I almost thought Chloe was trying to do everything by herself at the end. Action was kinda neat and the episode went pretty fast. I am curious to see more of about Lucifer's role since he is being featured prominently in the story so far or at least in the background.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:14 am Reply with quote
I do quite like Chloe, yeah she should play team more, but they also showed that she can do independence fairly well to which they should use more. They did focus on her being separated allowed her to make some observations of the enemy, and people were busy thinking her a nuisance to listen to her observation.

I was having the thought that maybe Athena is more closely connected to Lucifer than she appears, like maybe she is not really "Athena" but something more dangerous, like the name of the demon she did not want said. But also thinking back at the scene "Ru" could have actually referred to Lucifer anyway due to how the Japanese pronounce L or R.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Ah so we find out more about Asuha this episode including some bits of background story. Pretty much an entire episode dedicated to her....and it felt pretty fast.

I think her reckless behavior was a bit dangerous imo.
Didn't surprise me much that she wanted to use Overtrance tbh. The whole friendship stuff felt kinda generic at the end.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
It has been something on my mind, but whenever I see her transformed state I think of Black Rock Shooter and Strength.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2