• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Durarara!! x 2 The Third Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:32 pm Reply with quote
It would be great if they started Durarara!! x2 on Toonami or something. At least I can get caught up.
Random 21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
IIRC, didn't the first series do, er, not so great on Toonami? I don't think they'd put season 2 up in that case. I mean I'd love it if they did! But still.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Random 21 wrote:
IIRC, didn't the first series do, er, not so great on Toonami? I don't think they'd put season 2 up in that case. I mean I'd love it if they did! But still.

I didn't hear anything about it doing poorly as far as I know. It's just that Aniplex wouldn't let them air it a second time through because they want people to buy the Blu-Ray for the dub.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
What's the point of waiting for toonami to maybe show something at god awful hours when the previous two cours are still free on hulu in English as well as new episodes a few weeks after they air in Japan.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:20 am Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
What's the point of waiting for toonami to maybe show something at god awful hours when the previous two cours are still free on hulu in English as well as new episodes a few weeks after they air in Japan.

God awful hours? Didn't realize between 9 PM to 12 AM on Saturday would constitute god awful.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
You could get completely caught up on the show right now at any time, but instead you insist on scheduling your life around catching something once a week during a specific time period. Sounds pretty awful to me.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:52 am Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
You could get completely caught up on the show right now at any time, but instead you insist on scheduling your life around catching something once a week during a specific time period. Sounds pretty awful to me.

Sorry but I don't quite see it your way. That's just your opinion. Besides, I do own the entire first season of Durarara on DVD so it's not like I relegate it strictly to Toonami. I just think of it as something to look forward to after getting through the week.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Raikuro wrote:

Sorry but I don't quite see it your way. That's just your opinion. Besides, I do own the entire first season of Durarara on DVD so it's not like I relegate it strictly to Toonami. I just think of it as something to look forward to after getting through the week.
I believe he/she is advocating using illegal streaming there, me thinks. Wink

I get the feeling the bodies are going to start piling up. Wink
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Cruchyroll and Hulu are not remotely illegal, bud. I guess it might not be available outside North America.

Still, it's the method Aniplex of America is wanting people to watch the show so they'll buy the DVDs/Blurays, not some outdated cable block. It's the broadcast dub Aniplex is doing weekly so it's still something you can look forward to every week, you're just over 24 weeks behind.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/durarara
http://www.hulu.com/grid/durararax2?categories=dubbed
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:54 am Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
Still, it's the method Aniplex of America is wanting people to watch the show so they'll buy the DVDs/Blurays, not some outdated cable block. It's the broadcast dub Aniplex is doing weekly so it's still something you can look forward to every week, you're just over 24 weeks behind.

Sheesh man, you really sound like you're being pushy about this. I think he can decide for himself when and how he wants to watch the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1