• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation's Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood License to Expire in March

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
Another one? Sad

Well, this is becoming a trend recently fr Funimation...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
Well... time for me to go shop at Amazon.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
OH FOR.... uuuuugggh!!!
Koda89

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
I am damn glad my fear over FUNi losing Darker than Black and Baccano! made me pull the trigger and drop $105 on the complete collections of FMA 03, Brotherhood, and the Brotherhood OVAs on Amazon. I already had Shamballa and Milos, so now I have it all. Very Happy

I feel bad for future generations of anime fans though, as they will now have to put up with Aniplex's bullcrap prices(y'all know damn well this is gonna be one of those few shows they re-release after gaining the license back). The era of affordable FMA is over. Crying or Very sad

Consequently, this trend is making me drop a part of my tax return on the Aniplex titles that I really want that are still selling for cheap before Aniplex gets them back and jacks up the price like Angel Beats! and Soul Eater.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:09 am Reply with quote
Well, enjoy paying $700 for Aniplex's release with the handful of postcards and chipboard box. They're the worst anime licensor in America and their customers are to blame.

I'm glad I already have all of FMA 2003 and FMA Brotherhood. And CoS.

Last edited by penguintruth on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Alright, guys, I will pick up the BD collection ASAP!! ( I was waiting for the year-end sale, or you know, Funimation's hit-or-miss preminum release for brotherhood)

Well, it is time to bow down to our latest local anime superpower, aniplex!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
Can't say I'm too upset about Funi losing all these big titles, since Aniplex tends to be more generous with our region when it comes to streaming. Hopefully DtB, Baccano and FMA will finally be available to us in Crunchyroll and/or Netflix now that Funi can't use their bullshit "i have the license for your area but your area is not allowed to watch our videos". It's not like Funi's sets were particularly affordable for me anyway -not even sure if they would've been compatible for my DVD player-, so no big loss there.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:13 am Reply with quote
WELP. The storm is most definitely coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
Welp, time to rebuy all of Brotherhood on Blu-ray along with CoS. My favorite anime of all time is going away. Dang it Aniplex! I can't even afford your shows! Crying or Very sad
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Darker than Black, Baccano!, Brotherhood... it's like reading the climaxes of Harry Potter books 4 through 6.

Any guesses on what's next? What's the most popular Aniplex-adjacent anime Funimation has left?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:25 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Any guesses on what's next? What's the most popular Aniplex-adjacent anime Funimation has left?

If Hulu's expiration dates are to be believed (and so far they've all been accurate), the next to go will be FMA '03 in July and Birdy the Mighty: Decode in October.

WTK compiled a full list of Hulu expiration dates over at The Fandom Post, which I also posted on the FUNimation forums as well. You can find it here:

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?9892-The-OFFICIAL-quot-Expiring-Aniplex-Titles-quot-Master-List

Last edited by SpacemanHardy on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Darker than Black, Baccano!, Brotherhood... it's like reading the climaxes of Harry Potter books 4 through 6.

From my list...
-Black Butler
-Sekirei
-Fullmetal Alchemist 2003

Those are their remaining big titles.
ExacRan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
Had part 2 from the rightstuf sale this holiday and just bought part 1 on amazon as soon as I saw this article.

Also just wondering does aniplex own the rights to the dub?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:27 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
What's the most popular Aniplex-adjacent anime Funimation has left?

For leftovers from what I'm digging up, next popular titles in line would be Black Butler, Shiki and Soul Eater.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
Shay Guy wrote:
What's the most popular Aniplex-adjacent anime Funimation has left?

For leftovers from what I'm digging up, next popular titles in line would be Black Butler, Shiki and Soul Eater.
Soul Eater is Media Factory, not Aniplex. This is shown on the packaging, the logos that come up on the discs and streams, as well as the show pages (All this applies to Soul Eater Not! as well). Shiki never did that well for FUNi, they rebranded the LE with part 2 in it as S.A.V.E. due to the overstock they had.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14