• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Weeks of Jan 1-21

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Interesting choices. Definitely agreed about ERASED there for the top choice. Personally, I have Assassination Classroom and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans as the top 10 as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Videogamep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
No surprise about Naruto. It's been in awful fillers for months.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Has Hope dropped Durarara? It has three episodes out and no Daily Review for it has appeared.

Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with these ranks. BokuMachi, Showa Genroku and Haikyuu are definitely my top picks for this season, so I'm glad to see that ANN readers agree with that, and I'm also glad to see Lupin III getting a good position now that it's finally streaming, it's a great show
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Does the first episode rating include the one given in the preview guide or just the episode review?

I'm pretty interested in how grimgar will fare, unsurprising its rating is going up over time, could very well break the top 5-10 by season end.

Also, lol at phantom world rating. I cant very well understand what got into kyoani. Maybe there hoping its sells very well, especially for merchandise, kinda like Pixar "Car".
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Does the first episode rating include the one given in the preview guide or just the episode review?.

They're the same. If you've voted on a preview and then check the first episode review you'll see your vote is already filled.

meiam wrote:
Also, lol at phantom world rating. I cant very well understand what got into kyoani. Maybe there hoping its sells very well, especially for merchandise, kinda like Pixar "Car".

ultimategamax went at length about it on the Phantom World episodic review thread: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4716488#4716488

Last edited by killjoy_the on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see this column; it is one my favorites in the site. I was wondering if it had gone away.

ERASED is around the top like I expected. I was not sure if Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū was going to continue being well regarded; I am pleased that others are liking it this much. And I am a bit surprised Myriad Colors is not all the way to the bottom; its 3 episodes have been very mediocre.
SlamMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't see Konosuba on here. I know it got added later but they mention 26 shows in the description while there are only 25 in the list. They acknowledge its existence so why is it not on the list?
Random 21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
SlamMan wrote:
I don't see Konosuba on here. I know it got added later but they mention 26 shows in the description while there are only 25 in the list. They acknowledge its existence so why is it not on the list?

Well there's also Durarara missing, and since Durarara was in from the beginning it might be referencing that?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
SlamMan wrote:

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu is also missing; hell, it hasn't got reviewed yet beyond the 1st episode as part of the Preview Guide. Was Durarara!!x2 Ketsu dropped in favor of Kono Subarashī Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!?
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Random 21 wrote:
SlamMan wrote:

Well there's also Durarara missing, and since Durarara was in from the beginning it might be referencing that?

Yup. I was consumed with other work last week, so I thought I would do an episodes 1-3 writeup this weekend.

Aaaaand then I got so horribly sick Thursday night that I was throwing up everything in my stomach until about Sunday.

Really sorry about that. So I'm working on that today and it'll go up today or tomorrow. The newest Utawarerumono (though not last week's) is also a couple days late. Apologies again for the unexpected delays. Sad
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Aw, dangit, I used the announcement to make the list of shows to include in the ranking, but I missed that KonoSuba had been added afterwards. Lemme see if I can add KonoSuba in there. The 26th missing show is Durarara, due to a "force majeure" delay with the reviews.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

Yup. I was consumed with other work last week, so I thought I would do an episodes 1-3 writeup this weekend.

Aaaaand then I got so horribly sick Thursday night that I was throwing up everything in my stomach until about Sunday.

Really sorry about that. So I'm working on that today and it'll go up today or tomorrow. The newest Utawarerumono (though not last week's) is also a couple days late. Apologies again for the unexpected delays. Sad

I'm just thankful that Durarara wasn't entirely dropped. Good luck on your recovery Hope. Smile
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I added KonoSuba to the ranking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SlamMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for adding Konosuba. Wow it's in the 10th spot! I guess I'm not the only one who's really enjoying it so far.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I actually like 24, 23, 22, 21 and 18. They're not appreciated enough at all. Oh well, can't do anything about these 'pinky-in-the-air-high-horsed' viewers.

Last edited by AwaysAnnoyed on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3