• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I Am A Hero Zombie Horror Manga Approaches 'Climax'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gulpin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
That's abrupt, it feels like it's barely even begun yet for me. I could see there being another 100-200 chapters or so, but apparently that's not happening.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
Gulpin wrote:
That's abrupt, it feels like it's barely even begun yet for me. I could see there being another 100-200 chapters or so, but apparently that's not happening.

It could last that long. When Kishimoto and Kubo announced Naruto and Bleach were heading towards their climax, it took years to write those final arcs and Bleach is still going;

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/tite-kubo-bleach-manga-to-enter-final-arc

That was announced over 4 years ago and it's still running.
danpmss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Gulpin wrote:

To be honest, since the latest revelation about the zombies (spoiler[ At volume 17 or 18, final pages ]), I kinda knew it was going towards a final route soon. Although, as you said, I was expecting at least 80-100 more chapters before that.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:58 am Reply with quote
Love this manga to bits, it creeps me right out sometimes. Will be sad to see it end but as has been said this could take a while.

Really looking forward to the dark horse release.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
Love this manga to bits, it creeps me right out sometimes. Will be sad to see it end but as has been said this could take a while.

The one thing am wondering is why Dark House has each release spaced out between 6 months. People aren't going to wait that long between the releases,so I don't understand this strategy(unless the Japanese publisher forced that on them).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
You can only do a zombie horror manga for so long considering many tropes are recycled. Nearly 20 volumes is a decent length for any manga.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:

The one thing am wondering is why Dark House has each release spaced out between 6 months. People aren't going to wait that long between the releases,so I don't understand this strategy(unless the Japanese publisher forced that on them).

Dark horse are slow as feck. Been over a year since the last volume of blood blockade battlefront and still no sign of it, same kinda deal for mpd psycho. And you cant get in contact with them either to get an idea of just what the hell is going on. Honestly they are infuriating sometimes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1