• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Flying Witch Petit Short Anime's 1st Episode Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muffum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Man, those models are just plain unsettling when looked at from a 3/4 angle.
unready

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Makoto says that it's too bad she's been able to get any good mandrake to make tea, since that's the norm ...

... because hallucinogenic alkaloids definitely make the best tea.

Quote:
... she tells the cat that plantain tea helps regulate stomach activity, dandelion tea relieves fatigue, and horsetail is used for detox ...

Plantain [lily] induces vomiting and diarrhea in humans and is highly toxic to cats. Horsetail (snake grass) is moderately nutritious and mildly poisonous (small amount of nicotine), has historically been claimed as a healing herb, and is a frequent ingredient in (bogus) weight-loss pills, but has really only a diuretic (urination-inducing) effect. Dandelions, on the other hand, are quite nutritious.

I read a few pages of Volume 1 of the manga a few months ago after I saw some of the artwork posted online by the author for, I think, New Years greetings. It struck me immediately as the sort of thing someone would turn into an anime. The protagonist is a pretty airhead who couldn't find her way out of a shoebox if her life depended on it. Comedy ensues. Yeah, I'll probably watch it.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
I wish youtube translate was worth a damn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
unready wrote:
Quote:
Makoto says that it's too bad she's been able to get any good mandrake to make tea, since that's the norm ...

... because hallucinogenic alkaloids definitely make the best tea.

"Look at me, I can fly with my broom", "Wook, I can do magic with using my wand", mhhh, seems legit ^^;

The short is cute, looking forward to the series this spring.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
There's nothing like having a cup of tea to relieve stress as well as building up magic. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1