• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A fan-made Pokemon visual novel in development

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m0x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I saw this on a MAL forum post a little while ago and I've personally been following this for the last couple months, but there's a fan-made Pokemon visual novel currently in development for those interested.

http://gamejolt.com/games/pokemon-academy-life-visual-novel/110040
http://pokemonacademylife.com

Basically it's an alternate universe where the main game series characters are thrown into a boarding school-like environment and they learn about the Pokemon world that way instead of wandering around in the wilderness.

Currently it's just a demo and I've played through it myself. I think it has a lot of potential for fans (maybe too much for its own good) so I just wanted to help them get the word out. Thoughts about this concept? I know there was this parody VN based off Twitch Plays Pokemon before, but no idea what happened with that. But now there's this... which IMO looks way better in terms of quality and effort put in.

Apparently they're looking for more writers to help speed up the process because they only have two people working on it.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:14 am Reply with quote
Considering Nintendo's reactions towards fan-games, this will be shut down quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:58 am Reply with quote
So it's going to be the average, cliche, boarding school VN, but with:

"LOL POKEMON"

thrown into the mix? God help us all.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Pokémon as a visual novel... I'm not sure how this concept would play out, but I think it could be an interestingly fun watch. Smile
Junjo

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why they are so negative with this but I'm looking forward for this Pokemon version.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Sorry but this is a clear case of necroposting. I was going to let it slide considering the light amount of traffic the video game section gets and the small amount of posts in this thread. However you didn't add anything to the discussion and your link doesn't work. Plus the topic is long dead. So locking this up
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1