Forum - View topic
NEWS: planetarian Anime Project Revealed as Both 5-Episode Net Anime & Film


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11652
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:03 am Reply with quote
5 episodes...not too surprising given the length.

I think the PV looks decent from what's shown so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlackPoint.



Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Posts: 693
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Wish it were a normal 12ep anime season instead of doin this split shizzle of 5ep and a movie, will need to wait anyway until 2017 until the bd-dvd for the movie will be out for sure...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ali07



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 3325
Location: Victoria, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:40 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. What would be the basis for the movie? Is there a source material for that story already, or would it be original to the movie?

Personally, from the little I know of this VN, it being a short anime series makes sense to me. Hopefully whoever licenses the web series can get their hands on the movie, in order for it to also be streamed. Would hate to have to wait until a disc release to be able to see the movie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nachtwandler



Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 237
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:53 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Sounds interesting. What would be the basis for the movie? Is there a source material for that story already, or would it be original to the movie?

Personally, from the little I know of this VN, it being a short anime series makes sense to me. Hopefully whoever licenses the web series can get their hands on the movie, in order for it to also be streamed. Would hate to have to wait until a disc release to be able to see the movie.


Yes. There is a novel with the same title. Movie will be based on it, while ONA will cover the VN story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pandoraking



Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Posts: 213
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
like what i see, but the question is who will perform the animes OP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thespacemaster



Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 749
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
The best approach they could have done it with. considering this is the shortest key visual novel. With the game only has about 3 to 4 hours of gameplay.

Looks beautiful and i can't wait to see it. However it looks like i have to wait a bit to watch it subbed sometime in 2017. Can't wait Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nachtwandler



Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 237
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
pandoraking wrote:
like what i see, but the question is who will perform the animes OP


Have you read the article? All singers are listed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ali07



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 3325
Location: Victoria, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
Yes. There is a novel with the same title. Movie will be based on it, while ONA will cover the VN story.

Ah, thanks for the info. I knew that there was a novel, but couldn't seem to find much about what it was about.

Have heard good things about the VN's story, and even though I know that spoiler[it's a "bad end"], I don't know the details. But, for me, knowing that (minus details) before hand is a good thing. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brand



Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Posts: 1026
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Wish it were a normal 12ep anime season instead of doin this split shizzle of 5ep and a movie, will need to wait anyway until 2017 until the bd-dvd for the movie will be out for sure...


If it were twelve episodes, it would be more exciting to watch grass grow. It only takes about 4 hours to read the VN I can't see how they make it a full cour. Like, nothing (noooooooooooooooooooooothing) would be happening for huge chunks of the story. Like those action scenes in the trailer are probably going to take up 5 minutes of the whole story. Everything else is just two people talking, or inner monologue.

I really liked VN and it got the onions out but I think they picked the right length for the series.


Last edited by Brand on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pandoraking



Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Posts: 213
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
pandoraking wrote:
like what i see, but the question is who will perform the animes OP


Have you read the article? All singers are listed.


Sayaka Sasaki is performing the ending of the anime, Ceui an image song and Lia the movie song. maybe YOU didn't read well the article
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
synaia



Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Posts: 112
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quote
Article says the same name twice in following paragraph.
Quote:
The video description of the trailer describes planetarian: Hoshi no Hito as "This is a certain woman's story" and describes planetarian: Hoshi no Hito as "This is a certain man's story."


The certain woman's story should be planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume (and not Hoshi no Hito)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5344
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
pandoraking wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:
pandoraking wrote:
like what i see, but the question is who will perform the animes OP


Have you read the article? All singers are listed.


Sayaka Sasaki is performing the ending of the anime, Ceui an image song and Lia the movie song. maybe YOU didn't read well the article


Fantastic choices!! This looks multitudes better than the treatment Rewrite is getting. Poor Rewrite. So happy for Planetarian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
masat01



Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Posts: 33
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, I can't wait for feels
and before I forget...
CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. ATASHI NO SECRET BUTTON!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
WANNFH



Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 1001
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
The J-Pop song in the trailer is very, VERY wrong thing - it isn't matched with a sad and rather depressing atmosphere of nuclear post-apocalyptic Planetarian world.
But in terms of animation DP doing really good job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPoint.



Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Posts: 693
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Brand wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:
Wish it were a normal 12ep anime season instead of doin this split shizzle of 5ep and a movie, will need to wait anyway until 2017 until the bd-dvd for the movie will be out for sure...


If it were twelve episodes, it would be more exciting to watch grass grow. It only takes about 4 hours to read the VN I can't see how they make it a full cour. Like, nothing (noooooooooooooooooooooothing) would be happening for huge chucks of the story. Like those action scenes in the trailer are probably going to take up 5 minutes of the whole story. Everything else is just two people talking, or inner monologue.

I really liked VN and it got the onions out but I think they picked the right length for the series.


Well i aint familiar with the VN stuff, but since that movie gonna be some side-story couldnt they just fuse that somewhere between then to make it a normal 12ep lenght anime or is the story that different that they cant use both things together?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group