• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: planetarian Anime Project Revealed as Both 5-Episode Net Anime & Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:03 am Reply with quote
5 episodes...not too surprising given the length.

I think the PV looks decent from what's shown so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Wish it were a normal 12ep anime season instead of doin this split shizzle of 5ep and a movie, will need to wait anyway until 2017 until the bd-dvd for the movie will be out for sure...
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:40 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. What would be the basis for the movie? Is there a source material for that story already, or would it be original to the movie?

Personally, from the little I know of this VN, it being a short anime series makes sense to me. Hopefully whoever licenses the web series can get their hands on the movie, in order for it to also be streamed. Would hate to have to wait until a disc release to be able to see the movie.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:53 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Sounds interesting. What would be the basis for the movie? Is there a source material for that story already, or would it be original to the movie?

Personally, from the little I know of this VN, it being a short anime series makes sense to me. Hopefully whoever licenses the web series can get their hands on the movie, in order for it to also be streamed. Would hate to have to wait until a disc release to be able to see the movie.

Yes. There is a novel with the same title. Movie will be based on it, while ONA will cover the VN story.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
like what i see, but the question is who will perform the animes OP
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
The best approach they could have done it with. considering this is the shortest key visual novel. With the game only has about 3 to 4 hours of gameplay.

Looks beautiful and i can't wait to see it. However it looks like i have to wait a bit to watch it subbed sometime in 2017. Can't wait Very Happy
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
pandoraking wrote:

Have you read the article? All singers are listed.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
Yes. There is a novel with the same title. Movie will be based on it, while ONA will cover the VN story.

Ah, thanks for the info. I knew that there was a novel, but couldn't seem to find much about what it was about.

Have heard good things about the VN's story, and even though I know that spoiler[it's a "bad end"], I don't know the details. But, for me, knowing that (minus details) before hand is a good thing. Laughing
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Wish it were a normal 12ep anime season instead of doin this split shizzle of 5ep and a movie, will need to wait anyway until 2017 until the bd-dvd for the movie will be out for sure...

If it were twelve episodes, it would be more exciting to watch grass grow. It only takes about 4 hours to read the VN I can't see how they make it a full cour. Like, nothing (noooooooooooooooooooooothing) would be happening for huge chunks of the story. Like those action scenes in the trailer are probably going to take up 5 minutes of the whole story. Everything else is just two people talking, or inner monologue.

I really liked VN and it got the onions out but I think they picked the right length for the series.

Last edited by Brand on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pandoraking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
pandoraking wrote:

Sayaka Sasaki is performing the ending of the anime, Ceui an image song and Lia the movie song. maybe YOU didn't read well the article
synaia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quote
Article says the same name twice in following paragraph.
Quote:
The video description of the trailer describes planetarian: Hoshi no Hito as "This is a certain woman's story" and describes planetarian: Hoshi no Hito as "This is a certain man's story."

The certain woman's story should be planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume (and not Hoshi no Hito)
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
pandoraking wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:
pandoraking wrote:

Sayaka Sasaki is performing the ending of the anime, Ceui an image song and Lia the movie song. maybe YOU didn't read well the article

Fantastic choices!! This looks multitudes better than the treatment Rewrite is getting. Poor Rewrite. So happy for Planetarian
masat01

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, I can't wait for feels
and before I forget...
CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. ATASHI NO SECRET BUTTON!
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
The J-Pop song in the trailer is very, VERY wrong thing - it isn't matched with a sad and rather depressing atmosphere of nuclear post-apocalyptic Planetarian world.
But in terms of animation DP doing really good job.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Brand wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

If it were twelve episodes, it would be more exciting to watch grass grow. It only takes about 4 hours to read the VN I can't see how they make it a full cour. Like, nothing (noooooooooooooooooooooothing) would be happening for huge chucks of the story. Like those action scenes in the trailer are probably going to take up 5 minutes of the whole story. Everything else is just two people talking, or inner monologue.

I really liked VN and it got the onions out but I think they picked the right length for the series.

Well i aint familiar with the VN stuff, but since that movie gonna be some side-story couldnt they just fuse that somewhere between then to make it a normal 12ep lenght anime or is the story that different that they cant use both things together?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2