• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - First Impressions: Bravely Second: End Layer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
I would really like to get Bravely Default but I'm way too consumed with Final Fantasy Explorers at the moment. The first game was intense. I'd need to dedicate myself to the new one.

Sylvies outfit looks like she could pass as a member of the Beastgirl idol group from Terra Battle. Very similar to Zeeras.
Animelvr2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:33 am Reply with quote
I heard The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past will be available today for Nintendo 3ds eshop today but I can't find it Sad
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
Someone doesn't like idol/idolish outfits lol. I think Sylvie's outfit is cute, it's no more over the top than idol outfits I've seen in anime and video games or some of the outfits Yuikaori wear on stage. It's sad that Chronos Materia was cancelled but I've forgotten it in late 2014, I want to see Unseen64 get a hold of some more information on it and why it was cancelled.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote
the name should make it obvious that she is a nod/ripoff of kyary pamyu pamyu, just like athena was of an idol back in 94 (when nobody knew anythign about "modern" japan).
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
Animelvr2 wrote:
I heard The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past will be available today for Nintendo 3ds eshop today but I can't find it Sad
Pretty sure it's only for New 3DS only.
Animelvr2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
Animelvr2 wrote:
Pretty sure it's only for New 3DS only.

I just found it! It released at 11. So just now! Thanks though! (I do have the New Nintendo 3ds btw Wink )
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Ciolek wrote:
...and one character is actually two bizarrely dressed kids who fight in unison. That's an idea I don't recall surfacing again until Chaos Code. But perhaps I'm forgetting something.

I could only think of Danny and Demi in The Outfoxies. I had to do some searching to discover Chilli and Pepper in Battle Monsters. Why does it feel like I'm forgetting someone obvious though lol?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Dragon's Heaven: I can definitely tell one of the playable fighters is an undead in armor, but I wonder about the beastly fellow roaring in the second row. Possible orc or ogre of some kind? Might have been a fun game to play.

Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin: Totally called it guys. I knew this would be a mobile title.

Quote:
Sorry, Hrist Valkyrie. I don't think this is your long-desired chance in the spotlight.

I can just picture her angrily jamming her halberd into the ground and declaring, "Stupid mortals!"

Quote:
It's not out of the question that Square Enix will fashion an impressive RPG on the same lines as Chaos Rings. And the third Chaos Rings even came to the Vita! It'll be OK, really!

I can appreciate your optimism Todd, but at this point it remains to be seen if this so-called origin title is going to be anything substantial or if it'll simply do nothing for the Valkyrie Profile name other than getting people to say "lol SquareEnix".

Chronos Materia: Somehow, I had a feeling this game was just going to get cancelled. After years of no updates, new screenshots or even a trailer, getting cancelled is the logical result. I was just waiting for them to officially state as such.

Hoppy800 wrote:
It's sad that Chronos Materia was cancelled but I've forgotten it in late 2014, I want to see Unseen64 get a hold of some more information on it and why it was cancelled.

I imagine it's because no progress was being made for Chronos Materia's development whatsoever and it just fell off Gust's to-do radar over time. A shame too, as it looked like an attempt for them to develop something partially different from Atelier. Although, trying to stray from the original Atelier formula was what made Japanese fans so peeved when the Iris trilogy happened; then again, this wasn't going to be a new Atelier title in the first place anyway, so it's a moot point.

Bravely Second: I wonder if I should just forego Bravely Default and get this instead. If so, that means all those Street Passes I got for rebuilding Tiz's village will go to waste.

Langrisser Re: Incarnation Tensei: I can't see any harm in playing this. It's not like Langrisser had much of a chance to shine overseas like Growlanser...sort of managed to, so we should take what we can get at this point. I wonder if they're considering making this "reincarnated Langrisser" thing a series down the line.

Star Fox Zero: Who can say really why Star Fox never caught on as much as the other Nintendo titans, despite it having a sizable fan following. It might be because Star Fox games didn't come out nearly as often as Mario or Zelda titles did. Maybe Fox just wasn't nearly as memorable as a breakdancing Italian plumber or a sword-wielding elf boy in a green tunic or it could just be people didn't want to play as space animals out of some immature spite for furries (that last one is a big stretch, but you can't deny those types exist). Regardless, at least Fox is getting another chance to shine again, so let's hope this new game can help him get out of his "surviving only by appearing in Smash Bros." anomaly.

Last edited by belvadeer on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Now there's a game that hasn't seen the light of day Guardian Heroes. I remember someone had this on SS some years back. Now they should bring this title back.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Todd wrote:
Even so, I think Dragon's Heaven is a strange name for something that has no playable dragons, and it already appears on another cancelled game—a Saturn RPG from Data East.

You are forgetting that the Fatal Fury/Garou Densetsu franchise contained no playable wolves. The nearest we were offered to a user-controlled animal was Duck King, and you shall hear not a whisper of a complaint from me about this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
miken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's a delightful adventure...for about two-thirds of its playtime, at which point it violently shits the bed

so no changes since the first game...
jesusalcala11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
miken wrote:
Quote:
It's a delightful adventure...for about two-thirds of its playtime, at which point it violently shits the bed

Todd was referring to the original game in that quote.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
miken wrote:
Quote:

That quote was referencing the first game not the second.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:59 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Bravely Second: I wonder if I should just forego Bravely Default and get this instead. If so, that means all those Street Passes I got for rebuilding Tiz's village will go to waste.

Second is a direct sequel to Default, so if you skip the ending of BDFF, you're gonna have a lot of spoilers in Second.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
On KoF, I respectfully disagree with Todd on Sylvie's design. I think Sylvie is, of the revealed cast so far, the most unique character design in fighting games currently. Try thinking of a character in a fighting game that is an almost direct parallel to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

Let me be clear right now just so people know, I said that Sylvie's design is the most unique one currently. Believe me, I've seen Hisako. Now that is an extremely unique design for fighting games in my book.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2