• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo Panel to Celebrate 100 Years of Anime With Guests

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:29 am Reply with quote
It's at times like this that murica looks very... hum... "emigratable".
Gamlin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
"Jam Project, ZUN"

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE! Very Happy
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
I have to admit the guest list there really makes Anime North's look like a list of literally who's compared to a pretty varied list of who's who. Anime Consortium Japan is clearly betting large on this appearance and it shoring up some sort of new inspiration for the fandom which frankly I think it could use, especially if suits like the President of Sunrise are coming out to observe it. The most interesting guests I ever saw at Anime North were Nobuyuki Hiyama and Ryo Horikawa otherwise usually it's one of the not popular iDOLM@STER character seiyuu that's supposed to be the big draw, though this year they apparently got the voice actress for Miki Hoshii who is a big fish in comparison to what they had last year.

Personally I kind of hope the panel gets a little grilled on this future of anime thing in an open dialog and isn't just there to talk at people and for propaganda reasons. I think the industry kind of has a lot to answer for for several years of just plain demoralizing (as a fan) crap in a row, particularly the president of A-1 who I honestly think I could spend all panel working on with the bevy of hard hitting questions I'd have for him and his parent company about just what exactly their plans are other than strip mining money off of fans.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:59 pm Reply with quote
^ Then I hate to burst your bubble by telling you that most industry panels at AX feature pre-scripted questions only.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1