Anime Expo Panel to Celebrate 100 Years of Anime With Guests
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Anime Expo announced on Tuesday that the Association of Japanese Animations is holding a panel during the event on July 1. The presenters will include A-1 Pictures Representative Director and President Masuo Ueda, as well as Sunrise and Bandai Namco Pictures CEO Yasuo Miyakawa. The special guests for the panel will include musician T.M. Revolution and voice actor Michael Sinterniklaas.
The panel will celebrate 100 years of Japanese animation, and will announce a project that aims to set the foundation to further support the creation of anime for the next 100 years, as well as discussing the future of anime.
The Association of Japanese Animations (AJA) is an industry group that consists of anime production companies and studios that discuss and work on issues surrounding the industry, such as piracy and copyright infringement. Since 2014, the AJA, alongside the Japanese Animation Creators Association (JAniCA), and with funding from the Japanese government's Agency for Cultural Affairs, has joined and supported the Young Animator Training Project that trains young animators alongside industry veterans in the production of anime shorts. This program has since changed names to Anime Mirai, and then to Anime Tamago, and has produced anime such as Little Witch Academia and Death Parade.
- Vampire Hunter D and Final Fantasy artist Yoshitaka Amano
- Mega Man co-creator and comcept founder Keiji Inafune
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night designer Koji Igarashi
- Director Makoto Shinkai
- My Hero Academia director Kenji Nagasaki, and English dub actors Justin Briner and Chris Sabat
- Visual novel scenario writer Kōtarō Uchikoshi
- Blue Exorcist creator Kazue Kato
- Your Lie in April manga creator Naoshi Arakawa
- Monster Musume creator OKAYADO
- Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto creator Nami Sano
- Animator SUSHIO
- Animator Mai Yoneyama
- Voice actress Chika Anzai
- Voice actor Junichi Suwabe
- Voice actor Tetsuya Kakihara
- Anju Inami, Rikako Aida, Nanaka Suwa, Arisa Komiya, Kanako Takatsuki, and Ai Furihata from the Love Live! Sunshine!! idol group Aqours
- FLCL 2 guests Kazuya Tsurumaki and Mayumi Shintani
- One-Punch Man anime director Shingo Natsume, voice actor Makoto Furukawa (Saitama) and opening theme song performers JAM Project
- Producer Reo Kurosu
- BONES studio president Masahiko Minami
- Macross creator Shoji Kawamori
- P.A. Works CEO, founder, and producer Kenji Horikawa
- Maki Terashima-Furuta from Production I.G, joined by producer Ari Arad
- Musician TeddyLoid
- Singer Michi
- minori producer nbkz (Nobukazu Sakai)
- CLOCKUP illustrator Shigeo Hamashima
- Touhou Project creator ZUN
- Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet director Yuro Kyoya
- Touhou Genso Wanderer director JYUNYA
- Yomawari: Night Alone director and lead designer Yu Mizokami
- Staff of Square Enix's Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness game including Akira Yasuda, Hiroshi Ogawa, and Shūichi Kobayashi
Other musical guests include Eir Aoi, Luna Haruna, Minami, Sphere, T.M. Revolution, Yoko Ishida, DJ Kazu, FLOW, OLDCODEX, and Dancing Dolls.
The convention will also host a P.A. Works 15th Anniversary Exhibit in the Entertainment Hall, presented by Horikawa. Additionally Anime Expo will host a "Cowboy Bebop Jazz Cat Experience" performance event featuring the anime's English dub cast, the world premiere of Shinkai's newest film your name. (Kimi no Na wa.), the premiere of the first English-dubbed episode of the One-Punch Man anime, the premiere of the English dub of Erased, and the U.S. premiere of the first two episodes of Kuromukuro.
Fashion doll developer and "Culture Japan" director Danny Choo will return to the convention to MC the welcome ceremony and the fashion show.