• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gempak Starz Licenses Yuki Fujimoto's Dewa Angkasa Short Manga Compilation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
It never ceased to amuse me how cringeworthy some title can get when they got translated to English or my own language. Dewa Angkasa? Isn't it supposed to be " Bidadari (Angel) Angkasa"? Dewa literally meant God or Goddess. Wink
Xylem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
But bidadari usually refers to female angels. Malaikat might be more appropiate.

Personally, I would name it "Malaikat Kedai Runcit" (Sundry Shop Angel) Laughing .
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Xylem wrote:
Oh, that can be used, but might be too controversial, I guess. This here "tenshi" on the cover page looked like a girl any way. Push a little longer hair and voila, just kidding. Laughing Now that you've mentioned it, yeah, naming it as what you put it is kinda more accurate but definitely not be good for marketing. Personally, I don't feel like buying a work that had such peculiar title (Malaikat Kedai Runcit.) It would honestly make me say "Wow, didn't realized that they sold stuff on earth", but then again, that's fiction. In the end of the day, somehow translating "konbini" to mean "space" (angkasa) will get more readers because it sounded a bit extravagant. Wink But, might be lying to customers too. Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1