• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film's 1st Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
And as the first teaser it doesn't show anything -.-
Honestly ufotable why can't you show something cool that actually was in the VN???
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Ahhhh...

It's a good day to be a Fate fan....

Seriously, though, 3 teaser/trailer drops in one day. The HF teaser doesn't really reveal much, but that Fate/Extra Last Encore teaser looks amazing. I'm less enthralled by the Fate/Apocrypha teaser, but it's not bad either, and I'm just glad we're getting more Fate TV anime. 2017 is already shaping up to be great for anime as far as I'm concerned.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
Still waiting for the 4 or 5 other news articles xD

Must be tough getting bomb ass news to post when it's new years eve Neutral

#Fate2017
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
Ahhhh...

It's a good day to be a Fate fan....

Seriously, though, 3 teaser/trailer drops in one day. The HF teaser doesn't really reveal much, but that Fate/Extra Last Encore teaser looks amazing. I'm less enthralled by the Fate/Apocrypha teaser, but it's not bad either, and I'm just glad we're getting more Fate TV anime. 2017 is already shaping up to be great for anime as far as I'm concerned.

Don't forget about the Prilia Movie with spoiler[shiro's GAR backstory]. It's coming out in 2017 too.

Also for Epic of Remnant. It'll be something like this:

Part 2 confirmed (duh)
Part 1.5 to bridge story between Part 1 and Part 2
Part 1.5, Epic of Remnant, has 4 chapters. Maybe we will continue our time travel adventures. 3rd chapter probably will feature Musashi Miyamoto
Key

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like Kalafina is going to be doing a theme for the movie. Cool!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Ufotable, please don't screw this up like you did UBW...

Well, being limited to 3 films should prevent the pacing from being draw out like UBW was.
nobody knows

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
senpppppai Anime dazed
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

I don't think they screwed up. UBW was nice. The UBW movie wasn't as nice.

So, I really liked Fate/zero and I really liked Unlimited Blade Works so no doubt ufotable won't disappoint me with this.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
And as the first teaser it doesn't show anything -.-
Honestly ufotable why can't you show something cool that actually was in the VN???

You realize that that teaser showed very well what is likely to be in the first film, right? Stuff with spoiler[Dark Sakura] doesn't happen until a significant way into the route, so it wouldn't be in the first movie, just hinted at, which I felt the trailer did, even without being able to understand it.

Also, a few nitpicks about the article...

*The original announcement was that it would be a film project. The number of films was never specified.

*The summary listed doesn't just have spoilers from the F/sn story, it has spoilers SPECIFICALLY for Heaven's Feel.

*In the summary, it says that spoiler[Sakura wasn't supposed to enter the war. This is 100% wrong. She wasn't supposed to FIGHT in the war, but as Rider's true Master, she was entered in the war by default, even if Shinji was serving as Master. She was always intended to enter the war, even from the time of the 4th war in Fate/Zero, where it was explicitly stated that Kariya entered the war with Berserker as an attempt to keep Sakura from having to participate in the next one.].
nobody knows

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

So, I really liked Fate/zero and I really liked Unlimited Blade Works so no doubt ufotable won't disappoint me with this.

yeah you right how ufotable screwed up UBW for me it was good and I read the light novel so I don't see whats the problem , the UBW movie wasn't made by ufotable.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

While the UBW movie was severely truncated, it hit all the important scenes and always remained exciting. The big action set pieces were suitably awesome and stuff I could rewatch over and over.

The UBW TV series dragged everything out, ruining what should have been the climactic battle of the series by having the fighters do nothing but stand around and talk for 3 episodes.
nobody knows

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
nobody knows wrote:

Yes. As well as a few other things. I'm just waiting for the rest of the news to come out here, on ANN.
Candidate of Origin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

While the UBW movie was severely truncated, it hit all the important scenes and always remained exciting. The big action set pieces were suitably awesome and stuff I could rewatch over and over.

The UBW TV series dragged everything out, ruining what should have been the climactic battle of the series by having the fighters do nothing but stand around and talk for 3 episodes.

In my opinion, the UBW anime was a good adaptation,sure they changed some things here and there from the visual novel and it was not a masterpiece, but the anime was cool. There was pacing issues in the second half of the shows but it was still good. I think they made the whole Archer vs Shirou fight and clash of ideal pretty well(except for Archer using UBW during the fight, it was nice visually? Hell yeah! But as it was said by Saber ''He's out of mana.'')
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm so hyped. I hope it will be released early in 2017.
Key wrote:
Sounds like Kalafina is going to be doing a theme for the movie. Cool!

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. It sounded like something from Kara no Kyoukai.
Vaisaga wrote:

+1 Unlimited Repetition Works

I would actually prefer a (well done) TV series to films because the films are going to be more truncated; but I'm just excited to see Heaven's Feel animated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3