• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia 2nd Season's 2nd Promo Video Confirms Returning Staff

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blankslate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Something of note: the awesome cut with Todoroki & the cut with the explosion at the end are probably from the 2nd episode. Hopefully this quality will keep up throughout the whole season! please give me a Yutaka Nakamura cut, Bones. That's all I ask for
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness that the entire staff is returning. Unlike Kekkai Sensen who for some reason had it's creative director replaced, this show reassures me that it will the same show I have enjoyed. No matter how generic and mundane this series can be, as long as the presentation remains consistent I'll proudly support and enjoy this.
jsloz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Sports festival arc hype!
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
So, it's starting the same time as season 2 of "Attack on Titan?" Wonderful. As if "One-Punch Man" weren't enough, it has another overhyped flavor-of-the-month series to get unfairly compared to.
nobody knows

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
it is good to see Bakugou again Very Happy
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:16 am Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
please give me a Yutaka Nakamura cut, Bones. That's all I ask for

The cuts with Todoroki in it are definitely Yutaka Nakamura cuts, with how dynamically the camera moves compared to the other cuts. I'm so hyped! Why does April have to be so far away?! Shocked
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
So, it's starting the same time as season 2 of "Attack on Titan?" Wonderful. As if "One-Punch Man" weren't enough, it has another overhyped flavor-of-the-month series to get unfairly compared to.

That did seem like a really odd comparison in hindsight. I know they do have a lot of fan cross over and a lot of "casual" fans watched both, but they are hardly anything alike. Even as animation showcases, while both great, they are entire different in presentation. I hope people don't try to compare it to freaking AoT2. I like both a lot, and I'm thrilled that that season is going to be so loaded for me, but I don't want one to overshadow the other.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Blankslate wrote:

The cuts with Todoroki in it are definitely Yutaka Nakamura cuts, with how dynamically the camera moves compared to the other cuts. I'm so hyped! Why does April have to be so far away?! Shocked

I honestly did not expect to see other people think that cut was probably Yutaka Nakamura as well. As popular and easy to identify as he can be, it's times like this that make me genuinely glad I'm not alone in admiring stuff like this in anime. And that new version of "You Say Run" by Yuki Hayashi tho! Very Happy
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:20 am Reply with quote
OMFG SO MUCH HYPE!
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
Looks awesome, really enjoyed season 1, I've been reading the manga for ages and I know this is gonna be great.
Starbuckets

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:21 am Reply with quote
Hype hype hype hype hype! Very Happy

Plus judging from the trailer it'll be a significant step up from season 1 in terms of animation, so I'm even more hyped!

Animeking1108 wrote:
Well, you're the only one making that comparison at the moment, so you're certainly not helping anything. How about you stop and just let people enjoy both series this spring?
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:26 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
Blankslate wrote:

I honestly did not expect to see other people think that cut was probably Yutaka Nakamura as well. As popular and easy to identify as he can be, it's times like this that make me genuinely glad I'm not alone in admiring stuff like this in anime. And that new version of "You Say Run" by Yuki Hayashi tho! Very Happy

Just an FYI, there are no confirmed Nakamura cuts on MHA and he is not listed in the credits at all. Also, there are plenty of animators who use lots of dynamic camera movement. Camera movement and placement is something that the director has a bit of say in as well. Peruse these a little bit if you want to see who did do most of the animation on MHA. I've gotta do more research on their schedules, but I'm pretty certain that Nakamura was busy with Concrete Revolutio during most of the MHA production.
(sorry if it seems like I went overboard, I'm just enjoying the opportunity to share animation!)
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:12 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Just an FYI, there are no confirmed Nakamura cuts on MHA and he is not listed in the credits at all.

True, and that might not be him, considering Kekkai Sensen 2 airs at same time and he DID work on that before. I'm just saying that it looks a lot like his work. Just look at how Todoroki's hair is animated when he first appears in the promo. That hair feels distinctly Yutapon.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
MHA music just gets me everytime, goosebumps. i love it.

Really looking forward to this, i actually loved the original series so much i decided to catch up to the manga. I know we wont get it next year but i would have loved them to animate all might vs spoiler[All For One]

major spoiler by the way so dont look haha
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
Just an FYI, there are no confirmed Nakamura cuts on MHA and he is not listed in the credits at all.

True, and that might not be him, considering Kekkai Sensen 2 airs at same time and he DID work on that before. I'm just saying that it looks a lot like his work. Just look at how Todoroki's hair is animated when he first appears in the promo. That hair feels distinctly Yutapon.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the first season. Laughing
Yeah, it's certainly possible for him to work on the second season. Bones has 4 studios, I think, and I'm not sure if each one mostly keeps its staff to themselves, but Nakamura is known to move around at times. I guess we'll see. Maybe we'll see him on both projects!
Picking out Todoroki's hair is an interesting note. It kinda does have a Nakamura flair. Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2