• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Witch Academia TV Anime's Ads Preview Theme Songs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brett-Butler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see this, loved the short films, so hope this is just as good. Any word on who's got the rights for it? Netflix showed the short films, is it likely to be released in one go once it's been shown in Japan a la Knights of Sidonia?
sourpatchthekid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Brett-Butler wrote:
Can't wait to see this, loved the short films, so hope this is just as good. Any word on who's got the rights for it? Netflix showed the short films, is it likely to be released in one go once it's been shown in Japan a la Knights of Sidonia?

Netflix has the rights. Most likely it'll air once it's finished
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
sourpatchthekid wrote:

Uh, with the recent Kurumukuro disaster in fresh memory, will they at least handle their 'own' property somewhat decently... Confused
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
One concern based on the teasers, it looks like it'll be made "accessible" for people who haven't seen the prior LWA material. While not really a "bad" thing, it does mean we'll get some repetition. I hope that they can cover the "existing" material quickly without bogging down too much on intro. I also wonder if Diana is going to be an antagonistic rival for very long in the series (since she mellowed at LOT in the second film and the staff noted an appreciation for her).
sourpatchthekid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
sourpatchthekid wrote:

Uh, with the recent Kurumukuro disaster in fresh memory, will they at least handle their 'own' property somewhat decently... Confused
oh what happend Kurumukuro exactly?
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Who let Constanze have a gun? Someone take that thing away from her!
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:07 pm Reply with quote
sourpatchthekid wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
sourpatchthekid wrote:

oh what happend Kurumukuro exactly?

Nothing. It's going exactly as they planned it to go. They released the sub as soon as the cour for each season was over and now they are staggering the dub release in 9 languages similarly. The only thing to complain about is the wait, if that bothers you, but otherwise, nothing about their release is a disaster.

Last edited by relyat08 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:12 am Reply with quote
One of my most anticipated winter 2017 Anime series is looking better and better with every new announcement. Very Happy
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:07 am Reply with quote
I kind of wonder how this will play out. I enjoyed the first film, and felt it was very child-friendly. With the manga, they're wildly similar but also entirely different audiences. Being seinen and shojo, there's overlap in art style and cute appeal, but I wonder how different the two manga were? (When I picked up Ribon, the chapters were fun and cute, but I didn't follow it closely.)

Makes me wonder if there's a target audience here and how different it will be. On the otherhand, if it airs at midnight, I would assume it's aimed at the seinen crowd. . . but Netflix has been making an effort to attract the young, female crowd (Lolirock, Glitter Force), so I wonder if they have any involvement. Then again, a lot of Netflix's anime also tends to be aimed at the male audience, so maybe they won't even bother trying to advertise the show to little girls, and this will be an entirely seinen thing.
emory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:32 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
sourpatchthekid wrote:

Well, this isn't their own property either. It'll probably be handled the way they handle all their licenses. The only two upcoming anime that are truly Netflix's are Perfect Bones from Production I.G. and the movie Blame! from Polygon Pictures. Those will be exclusively on Netflix worldwide and won't run on Japanese TV.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:56 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
sourpatchthekid wrote:

Well, this isn't their own property either. It'll probably be handled the way they handle all their licenses. The only two upcoming anime that are truly Netflix's are Perfect Bones from Production I.G. and the movie Blame! from Polygon Pictures. Those will be exclusively on Netflix worldwide and won't run on Japanese TV.

I didn't realize that Blame! was the same sort of deal as Perfect Bones. Is that not getting a theatrical release in Japan either?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1