• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Acquires Home Video Rights for Seven Deadly Sins

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Really happy about this news! Have always wanted to see this series but have no interest in streaming, will certainly pick up the blurays eventually and look forward to watching it!
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Really happy about this news! Have always wanted to see this series but have no interest in streaming, will certainly pick up the blurays eventually and look forward to watching it!

I take it you don't have Netflix?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Very nice pick-up. I see this as very much a Funi kind of show.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I guess the hypothesis that Sentai was working with Netflix on all of their releases was wrong. Also that Aniplex won't let anyone else have their shows. This would be considered an Aniplex title, right?
Anyway, good to know it's finally getting a release. Now I'll pray their ever unreliable QC won't f*ck it up royally. Smile
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:

Well I live in the USA and could easily subscribe to Netflix if I so wish but like I said in my post I have no interest in streaming so unless I can buy something on bluray/dvd I don't watch it.
Soaringfalco1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:

Well I live in the USA and could easily subscribe to Netflix if I so wish but like I said in my post I have no interest in streaming so unless I can buy something on bluray/dvd I don't watch it.
you should consider streamin once in a while it saves a bit of cash. I personally think streaming and digital is more convenient and soon it will be the only way you will watch all your media. I personally have been pursuing a more simplistic lifestyle and having alot of physical things really stresses me out, but that's just me. I personally think that you'll eventually come around.
Soaringfalco1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:

you should consider streaming once in a while it saves a bit of cash. I personally think streaming and digital is more convenient and soon it will be the only way you will watch all your media. I personally have been pursuing a more simplistic lifestyle and having alot of physical things really stresses me out, but that's just me. I personally think that you'll eventually come around.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:49 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I guess the hypothesis that Sentai was working with Netflix on all of their releases was wrong. Also that Aniplex won't let anyone else have their shows. This would be considered an Aniplex title, right?
Anyway, good to know it's finally getting a release. Now I'll pray their ever unreliable QC won't f*ck it up royally. Smile

That's what I was wondering. Confused

I mean I'm not complaining I enjoyed this show and was hoping for an affordable release Very Happy , but I figure Aniplex was going to do their thing and force me to buy 4-6 volumes of this at $30-$40 a pop.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:53 pm Reply with quote
YESS!

I wanted a hard home relese for so long, Netflix is great but nothing beats a real disc.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see this one get a home release. Since Netflix was involved it's likely that Aniplex was outbid for the home video rights, if they tried to get them. Keep in mind that Netflix has the money to buy Aniplex from SONY, if they wanted to, assuming SONY would sell if you handed them enough bags of Yen.

Mark Gosdin
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:01 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Actually, no. It was animated by A1, but Aniplex didn't have international rights to the show. AoA never acquired it. It appears that Kodansha held the rights to it.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Soaringfalco1 wrote:
you should consider streaming once in a while it saves a bit of cash. I personally think streaming and digital is more convenient and soon it will be the only way you will watch all your media. I personally have been pursuing a more simplistic lifestyle and having alot of physical things really stresses me out, but that's just me. I personally think that you'll eventually come around.

I have sampled streaming in the past and can certainly see how it's appealing to so many/ease of use but for me it just feels wrong. I'm a huge physical media collector and probably have a few hundred and growing anime sets in my living room, it's probably the pride and joy of my apartment and taking a bluray/dvd from the shelf and putting it in just feels so satisfying and completes the experience, streaming just felt hollow to me. I know physical media is more niche now then it ever has been but I'll continue to do all I cant to support and buy anime on physical media because it's a huge passion of mine.

Last edited by DuchessBianca on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
It's good to see this one get a home release. Since Netflix was involved it's likely that Aniplex was outbid for the home video rights, if they tried to get them. Keep in mind that Netflix has the money to buy Aniplex from SONY, if they wanted to, assuming SONY would sell if you handed them enough bags of Yen.

Mark Gosdin

Confused Is it wrong I wish Netflix would buy Aniplex? Very Happy
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:

I completely agree. I love this series and have watched it on netflix but nothing compares to actually having it on bluray or dvd.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:47 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

Actually, no. It was animated by A1, but Aniplex didn't have international rights to the show. AoA never acquired it. It appears that Kodansha held the rights to it.

But Aniplex IS on the Production committee, so they could have potentially snagged it at some point, I would think.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3