• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tsugumomo (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:34 am Reply with quote

Tsugumomo (TV)

Genres: action, romance, supernatural
Themes: harem

Plot Summary: Kazuya Kagami's most treasured possession in the world is the obi left to him by his late mother. The scent of cherry-blossoms infused into it helps him through his day - but he never expected it to save his life, becoming a beautiful kimono-clad girl who calls herself an "artifact spirit." Her name is Kiriha, tsukumogami of the sash, who naturally moves in with him, as he is her "owner." Throw in Chisato, his bespectacled friend, an overprotective older sister who wants to take baths with him, a busty priestess, a seductive sorceress named Kokuyoura, and Kazuya's life has just gotten a lot more interesting.
----------------------------------

First two episodes are out. Surprisingly, the censors isn't that bad. I mean, yes it's still there but not over the board.

A pretty typical start for supernatural-harem story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I tried episode one so far and I like it. It gave off a very ' late 90s' vibe in terms of character designs, feel of the show, plot, etc. Very typical as Stark700 mentioned.

I thought the combat was pretty neat in episode one with the amount of movement it had. Also found enjoyment hearing Satania from Gabriel Drop out as Kiriha.
lebrel

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Was anyone else amused that they got gay manga artist Gengoroh Tagame to do the end cap illustration for the latest episode? I wonder how that even happened.... I suppose someone on the staff is a fan....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

At least I assume it is the end, there was a bunch of aspects of mentioning things that had happened and apparently setting up new plots. I actually was kind of surprised with the transfer student bit.

To describe Tsugumomo, it would be that it kind of boring, in that it kind of in general feels really dated, and not in the nostalgic way. There are some scattered parts that have charm, and even has its own loose way of handling nudity and sexuality that I don't think are quite the same old stuff. There being a bunch of did they or did they not scenes where it does not actually rule out things, and perhaps I am remembering wrongly, but I think there was even an actual orgasm at one point. But that is not saying that this was a more mature series, its story is kind of juvenile despite some of this nudity, it feels especially for audience around the ages of the characters. Although perhaps weirder that for a good chunk of this show nudity also comes in the way of little girls (loli), even if their physically than they look.

Tsugumomo is not the worst of this level of anime, but I can pretty cleanly say it was towards the bottom of my watch list. Not really for everyone, but I kind of feel that those that get into it might quite enjoy it, I would quite like to read their opinions. But for me, I give it a rating of Not really good (4/10), because I don't think it really managed to be good, but the odd charm might be kind of appealing that it does not feel like a total waste of time. It was near the bottom, but I don't think I hated it, like I liked it more than Rinne which has a kind of similar feel.
Dunk_Kong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:51 am Reply with quote
I really love the art style. Not too interested at first, but the next episode is getting better and better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1