• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Adventures in the Yuri!!! on Ice Café

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razberry_yum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Love these themed cafes and I wish they would hold some over here for more popular series like this one. The fan-run ones are great too, but it'd be nice to have officially sponsored ones so that we can get access to special merchandise like the ones you saw...which honestly are quite reasonably priced, imho.

I still lament missing out on the Gintama cafe in Japan, too bad there's almost no chance that we would have one of those here in the States, even fan-run ones, since Gintama has never hit it big here.
Kyjin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow, you had a very different experience than I had at the cafe. I had dinner there the first day it was open with a friend. It seemed like everyone in the cafe was in groups of two or threes. (Even a few four tops!) There was lots of very excited chatting between tables, though there were a few groups of girls who ate silently and were on their phones. My friend and I bonded very quickly with the girls seated at the table next to us as we exclaimed excitement for the different dishes and took pictures of the food with various goods everyone had. (Lots of Yuri and Victor plushes!) And of course, more talking occurred when people got up to try to trade coasters and the acrylic stands for their favorite characters. The real stars of the menu were the desserts; my friend loved her Yuri/Yuuri kakigori, and I loved the Otabek and Yurio "Tomodachi ni narou" creme brulee. This was the fifth cafe/food collab I've been to for YOI (previously did the TV Asahi cafe, Animate kitchen car, Animate cafe, and Namja Town event), and honestly the food level quality was higher than some of the others. But price wise? Yeah, it was pretty steep.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
casenumber00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:27 am Reply with quote
Why hasn't any other cafe visit been featured before?
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
casenumber00, we've recently added a correspondent that can start going to these types of events. This means more stuff like the YoI cafe and the Tokyo Toy Show that just went up. If there are any upcoming events you'd especially like to see, let us know!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
djajk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quote
Hi, I was wondering if any of you would know where I can make the reservation to the Yuri on Ice cafe? Can I do that online? If anyone knows please let me know! We are traveling to Japan at the end of June and my daughter loves this anime so much. Thanks!
Kyjin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:37 pm Reply with quote
djajk wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if any of you would know where I can make the reservation to the Yuri on Ice cafe? Can I do that online? If anyone knows please let me know! We are traveling to Japan at the end of June and my daughter loves this anime so much. Thanks!

You can make the reservation online here! https://yuri-on-ice-cafe.jp/
Looks like weekends are already full for the end of the month, but there are spots during the week. I hope you and your daughter are able to go!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1