• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Show By Rock!! Franchise Gets New Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
Please no season 3. *crosses fingers*

I'm hoping it's either a completely different SB69 anime and they abandon the weird human Cyan AU, or it's something entirely different outside of the game/anime/mangas/musicals (don't know what it could be outside of those though?).

I just don't want any more of that anime canon...

I was wondering if we were finally going to hear something about the upcoming overseas release of the game (a few months ago a marketing schedule was leaked on Twitter that showed this was going to happen), but "new project" implies it would be something completely separate from the franchise's current projects, which is why I'm thinking there's a chance it wouldn't be more SB69A.

If "new project" doesn't mean entirely new, then I would place my bets on it being the official announcement of the overseas game release.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
I really hope it's a season 3! I love what they did with the show. I could watch 100 episodes of it easily!
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:13 am Reply with quote
I also like the anime and would gladly watch a season three. So long as they finally actually do something with all that Cyan/Retoree teasing (I know, not likely). "New project" does make it sound like something completely different, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure it'll be something cool either way.

That said, an overseas game release would be awesome, but I don't feel like that's very likely either.
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:11 am Reply with quote
Mew Berry wrote:
That said, an overseas game release would be awesome, but I don't feel like that's very likely either.

We already know it's happening, it was in a leaked marketing calendar. It's just a matter of when they'll say something about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShowByRock/comments/5rv0d7/sb69s_marketing_calendar_has_leaked/

The part that talks about the overseas release is the very bottom one, the purple that begins in May. But May has already ended so I'm wondering if they've changed their mind and decided to put its announcement closer to the game's 5th anniversary (July).
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 wrote:
Mew Berry wrote:

We already know it's happening, it was in a leaked marketing calendar. It's just a matter of when they'll say something about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShowByRock/comments/5rv0d7/sb69s_marketing_calendar_has_leaked/

The part that talks about the overseas release is the very bottom one, the purple that begins in May. But May has already ended so I'm wondering if they've changed their mind and decided to put its announcement closer to the game's 5th anniversary (July).

Oh, I hadn't heard. That's great, I was hoping this would happen but didn't really expect it to. And, since it was already announced, I'm guessing the "new project" will be unrelated then.
beid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Mew Berry wrote:
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 wrote:
Mew Berry wrote:

Oh, I hadn't heard. That's great, I was hoping this would happen but didn't really expect it to. And, since it was already announced, I'm guessing the "new project" will be unrelated then.

It hasn't been announced, though. The only reason we know about it is because of the leaked marketing calendar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1