• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler Anime Reveals 2nd Promo Video, Theme Song Artists

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:01 am Reply with quote
Nice, we actually got an animated preview this time and imo, it looks great. They got talented cast and staff working on this too (from Garo S1 team).

Just hoping Netflix doesn't delay the release for too long..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
joe_g7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna enjoy this so much, the pv was awesome.
Dandylion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:18 am Reply with quote
This, Inuyashiki, made in abyss, Altair and ballroom ... They all seem promising, but I'm almost 100% sure they will end up as the usual 12-13 episodes adaptation that will go nowhere with its ending ... staying Forever unfinished ... I really hope to be proven wrong ...
hsbeta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:25 am Reply with quote
Altair will be 2-Cour !!!
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
Dandylion wrote:
This, Inuyashiki, made in abyss, Altair and ballroom ... They all seem promising, but I'm almost 100% sure they will end up as the usual 12-13 episodes adaptation that will go nowhere with its ending ... staying Forever unfinished ... I really hope to be proven wrong ...

Altair is already ocnfirmed for 2-cour tho
teferi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:30 am Reply with quote
Dandylion wrote:

Meh. One cour is better than nothing. Thinking of anime as a preview for the source material makes it a lot easier to avoid being disappointed when it inevitably only gets one cour.

On the other hand just from the promo video Kakegurui makes the manga look pretty generic in comparison. Really looking forward to it.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:38 am Reply with quote
Since Netflix grabbed this and Fate/Apocrypha, I think it is a safe bet that Welcome to the Ballroom will be on Crunchyroll. I just hope that Crunchyroll or Anime Strike get Altair and Princess Principal.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
Netflix exclusive in Japan doesn't automatically mean the same for everywhere else. Though I guess I shouldn't hold my breath considering what happened with Little Witch Academia.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:16 am Reply with quote
MAPPA looks like they've done a good job with this one, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I imagine that it will be released by the end of the season like Netflix's other one cours shows. While it would be nice to watch as it airs, it look like it will be worth the wait.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:18 am Reply with quote
BlueBeast33 wrote:
Netflix exclusive in Japan doesn't automatically mean the same for everywhere else. Though I guess I shouldn't hold my breath considering what happened with Little Witch Academia.

It also happened to Ajin, Kuromukuro, Magi: Adventure of Sinbad, and ID-0.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
MAPPA looks like they've done a good job with this one, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I imagine that it will be released by the end of the season like Netflix's other one cours shows. While it would be nice to watch as it airs, it look like it will be worth the wait.

I agree, but I wish Netflix would delaycast like they do in Japan, or go for more movies like Blame!, and Godzilla: Monster Planet. I also am fine with stuff like Perfect Bones, and Devilman: Crybaby, because those are only on Netflix and not even on Japanese tv.
Dandylion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 am Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:
Dandylion wrote:

One or two cour, unfortunately my point still stands ...

teferi wrote:
Dandylion wrote:

Meh. One cour is better than nothing. Thinking of anime as a preview for the source material makes it a lot easier to avoid being disappointed when it inevitably only gets one cour.

Unfortunately this is not my way of thinking ... I rarely read the source material and I also rarely Watch "preview/infomercial" anime Unless they have artistic/narrative/etc ... merits (like Mob Psycho, or Kobayashi maid Dragon recently) ... And that's why I'm sad about this situation Sad

Last edited by Dandylion on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:23 am Reply with quote
Dandylion wrote:
DatRandomDude wrote:
Dandylion wrote:

It's something you have to accept and get used to as an anime fan. You can almost always read the source material, whether it's a manga or light novel.
Dandylion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:39 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Dandylion wrote:
DatRandomDude wrote:
Dandylion wrote:

It's something you have to accept and get used to as an anime fan. You can almost always read the source material, whether it's a manga or light novel.

I've been an anime fan since I was a child, and I'm well aware of this ... However I doubt I'll ever accept or get used to It ... Anyway this is Just a Little rant of mine to let out my frustration ... Because there are so many interesting upcoming anime for the next 2seasons, and it's such a shame they will, most likely, be left unfinished ...

Last edited by Dandylion on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:42 am Reply with quote
You still get 300 min of run time with 1 cour which is like 3 movies. And most of the time there is some semblance of an ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2