• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live-Action Bleach Film Opens in Summer 2018

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:29 am Reply with quote
Saw the article's image, got hyped.

Saw "2018", got hyped.

Saw it was about the live-action move, all hype disappeared.

With all the rumors and tidbits going around about the anime's possible return as of late, I had some shred of hope.
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Saw the article's image, got hyped.

Saw "2018", got hyped.

Saw it was about the live-action move, all hype disappeared.

With all the rumors and tidbits going around about the anime's possible return as of late, I had some shred of hope.
They really should show the live action actors when talking about the live action...unless there intention was to kill my hopes and dreams
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:59 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
No way is Bleach getting another anime season, just give it up already.

What possible reason is there that it can't get another anime season? Now that the manga is finished, there's nothign stopping them from catching up. It's all up to Pierrot if they wanna continue because I know Kubo himself wants it back.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:02 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:

What possible reason is there that it can't get another anime season? Now that the manga is finished, there's nothign stopping them from catching up. It's all up to Pierrot if they wanna continue because I know Kubo himself wants it back.

They don't have any manga to promote anymore. That is anime adaptations mission.
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:42 am Reply with quote
It's kind of true. There's no clue if a new Bleach anime would do well these days. There's no manga to promote. Nor merch to promote. Not even a video game or even a figure.

It got those PSP fighting games. But those just stopped after awhile and I found those in bargain bins in Japan at electronic stores for probably 100 to 300 yen each. So basically they were in a 1 dollar bin in stores.

Plus when the Bleach anime ended or was ending, it's manga sales were doing not so well in Japan.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:57 am Reply with quote
You can never say never. Remember how long it took for the Inuyasha anime to get a proper end. But honestly, I really don't see Bleach getting one last season. The ending got some major hate and Adult Swim dropped it a long time ago. Right now, the best scenario is that they okay an OVA series or movie to finish it.

As for this Live-Action, I'm sure it's going to get the same Live-Action criticisms. But I personally don't think it will perform well. And I don't see Hollywood bothering with another anime adaptation for some time after GitS. But the final bombshell with be that Naruto Live Action.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:57 am Reply with quote
It's kind of sad to see how they're trying to push this last one on us. Let dead series rest in peace (pun not intended).
Stevangelion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:04 am Reply with quote
I’m extremely unversed in reboots and why they happen, but my question is why is it impossible to get a reboot in the way that FMA: Brotherhood did? Didn’t Brotherhood come out after the Manga was finished?

Why can’t BLEACH do the same?

This time condense it without the HORRIBLE filler and produce a show as close to the Manga as possible. With the movie coming out and if it does well I don’t see why they wouldn’t or couldn’t do that.

Again… I don’t know how the industry works regarding this stuff. Just asking to gain some insight.
skerllyfc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
SteveDoninger wrote:
I’m extremely unversed in reboots and why they happen, but my question is why is it impossible to get a reboot in the way that FMA: Brotherhood did? Didn’t Brotherhood come out after the Manga was finished?

This time condense it without the HORRIBLE filler and produce a show as close to the Manga as possible. With the movie coming out and if it does well I don’t see why they wouldn’t or couldn’t do that.

Again… I don’t know how the industry works regarding this stuff. Just asking to gain some insight.

Because it doens't need one. Bleach is not a series with a clear overarching plot and well thought lore. It's all made up on the run, so the lore and all of that shit doesn't matter in the long run. The best part of the series is the characters, but they can only do so much for carrying the series. It's the same as Claymore, which also doesn't need a remake. Why? Because it doesn't have an overarching plot. It's all about powerfull girls fighting monsters. I left the anime because that's the only gimmick it has to offer. I checked reviews of latter manga volumes to see if it's worth continuing with the franchise, but even then, it's more of the same.

{Edit}: I removed the unwarranted snark and condescension. ~ Psycho 101
Stevangelion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
skerllyfc wrote:
SteveDoninger wrote:

Because it doens't need one. Bleach is not a series with a clear overarching plot and well thought lore. It's all made up on the run, so the lore and all of that shit doesn't matter in the long run. The best part of the series is the characters, but they can only do so much for carrying the series. It's the same as Claymore, which also doesn't need a remake. Why? Because it doesn't have an overarching plot. It's all about powerfull girls fighting monsters. I left the anime because that's the only gimmick it has to offer. I checked reviews of latter manga volumes to see if it's worth continuing with the franchise, but even then, it's more of the same.

{Edit}: I removed the unwarranted snark and condescension. ~ Psycho 101Lesson?

Well that was more hostile than I expected. Jesus dude I was just asking a question.

When did I EVER say the Live Action movie was a PLAN to KILL the Franchise?

If you have a problem with the series and shows like it that's fine, but don't take it out on me. I was just trying to find some insight into the industy.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote
Bleach didn't just "end". Bleach was killed by SJ. It was killed because it wasn't selling. It wasn't selling because the plot had become so horrible, slow, and uninspiring that most people lost interest in it. I can say with a lot of confidence that it *won't* be getting a new anime series. That would just be a complete waste of money, which isn't something anime producers tend to want to do.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
SteveDoninger wrote:

Brotherhood came out a year before the FMA manga ended and they both ended in the same year.

Also a lot of fans hate the last arc of Bleach so I doubt it would get adapted.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
SteveDoninger wrote:

Fullmetal Alchemist was a successful anime in its first iteration (averaged over 30K) and the manga was still going strong when Brotherhood started airing. And Brotherhood sold quite well too.

Comparatively, there is simply nothing to be gained for anyone involved in making a Bleach anime. The manga got cancelled with abysmal sales. The first anime got canceled because the ratings were atrocious. The epilogue novels barely got any publicity. Kubo doesn't have a good relationship with Jump and he burned his own story to the ground with that universaly reviled finale, so Shueisha has little reason to want to invest any money in promoting a dead franchise from a rogue creator. It's the same as how we'll never get more Beelzebub or Toriko. Heck it's already quite surprising it's getting that live-action movie -and I'd bet it's going to just feature the Soul Society arc, because it's the only part of Bleach people care about-

Last edited by CrowLia on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
^Rumiko Takahashi's new manga Kyokai no Rin-ne had just started publication at the time Final Act started airing
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
You can never say never. Remember how long it took for the Inuyasha anime to get a proper end. But honestly, I really don't see Bleach getting one last season. The ending got some major hate and Adult Swim dropped it a long time ago. Right now, the best scenario is that they okay an OVA series or movie to finish it.

As for this Live-Action, I'm sure it's going to get the same Live-Action criticisms. But I personally don't think it will perform well. And I don't see Hollywood bothering with another anime adaptation for some time after GitS. But the final bombshell with be that Naruto Live Action.
Adult swim didn't drop the series it ended it's run and they lost airing rights after that, also Hollywood isn't making the Bleach live action this is a japan production
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3