• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toji no Miko Smartphone Game's Teaser, Visual Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
So many beautiful swordswomen. I am starting to get hyped for this series. I just hope it will not turn out like >Two Car.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
So many beautiful swordswomen. I am starting to get hyped for this series. I just hope it will not turn out like >Two Car.

This show looks somewhat interesting, but I'm confused by this statement. Two Car has yet to air, but it sounds like you're judging that entire show's quality without watching it yet. I wonder why is that? Is it because that show has introduced one measly male side character whereas this show hasn't yet? If that was the case, if a male were to be introduced for this series in one way or another, would that make this series completely without hope of being decent? (Which quite frankly doesn't quite make a whole lot of sense to me. Shows like these having males are bad? Confused)
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:

This show looks somewhat interesting, but I'm confused by this statement. Two Car has yet to air, but it sounds like you're judging that entire show's quality without watching it yet. I wonder why is that? Is it because that show has introduced one measly male side character whereas this show hasn't yet? If that was the case, if a male were to be introduced for this series in one way or another, would that make this series completely without hope of being decent? (Which quite frankly doesn't quite make a whole lot of sense to me. Shows like these having males are bad? Confused)

I already explained myself to you about this. Hopefully you read that post already. I am a big fan of all-girls series and when it comes to that, I pray that there are no significant male characters, whether as a love interest (>LWA) or as a mentor (>Idolmaster/>Kancolle). I want to see girls do their things without any hindrance or show-stealing from those characters. I am saying this purely and strictly for this type of genre only. Any other genre (action, comedy, sports, romance, harem, spoiler[and hentai], etc.) are a-ok for me, regardless if there are more males than females or vice versa. Yeah, once again, please forgive me for being overly-sensitive with the way I choose my favorite anime. :/

Another thing. That "one measly male side character" will obviously be more than just being side. What is the point of hiring Takumi's VA if he will be a side character?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote
@ John Hayabusa - All right, I see that you've made your point already and I hope that you can forgive me for bugging you this time. I just wanted to make sure if you were truly that sensitive to this sort of thing. (I did read your previous post, but didn't respond. Sorry about that) As for the Two Car male character, that's just my hypothesis on what will happen in the show as I personally don't think he will show up all that much because he isn't the main focus of the show. I hope that you can understand my viewpoint, at least for a little bit. I also personally hope that both this show and Two Car turn to be pretty enjoyable as that's what we will be watching it for, is it not?
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
@ John Hayabusa - All right, I see that you've made your point already and I hope that you can forgive me for bugging you this time. I just wanted to make sure if you were truly that sensitive to this sort of thing. (I did read your previous post, but didn't respond. Sorry about that) As for the Two Car male character, that's just my hypothesis on what will happen in the show as I personally don't think he will show up all that much because he isn't the main focus of the show. I hope that you can understand my viewpoint, at least for a little bit. I also personally hope that both this show and Two Car turn to be pretty enjoyable as that's what we will be watching it for, is it not?

Glad that you see my point. I am willing to watch Two Car. I really wish it never had a male coach to begin with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1