• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses My Girlfriend is Shobitch for Anime Strike Stream

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:23 am Reply with quote
Oh.noooooooooooo!! Not this show! A decent love comedy I wish to watch!

Oh well, time to use my Amazon student
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
Yuki Yuna, Himouto, and now this.....I hate strike just about as much as one person could hate a streaming service but it seems I may be folding this season...
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am Reply with quote
This wasn't one I was too interested in anyway, so it's no real loss for me. I feel kinda bad for the others that wanted to watch this on Crunchyroll, though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
If the Amazon Overlords got rid of the double paywall and had their streams on time, Anime Strike would probably get a better reputation.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
I don't mind Anime Strike EXCEPT there is absolutely NO WAY to make the closed captions bigger on my tv, so I pretty much only watch on my iPad. The captions are freaking TINY on my roku tv and no matter what I try, I can't change the settings. Please, Amazon, fix your subtitles if you're going to be streaming foreign films/shows.
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:58 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
If the Amazon Overlords got rid of the double paywall and had their streams on time, Anime Strike would probably get a better reputation.
But I thought everyone wanted to pay more money for an inferior product.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am Reply with quote
Welp there went a show I was looking forward too. I'm not gonna support a double paywall.

I'm also a little disappointed cause I kinda wanted Funi to dub this since they tend to do well with Love Comedies and the innuedo jokes like in this show.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quote
Looks like some garbage ecchi-fest that looks like it was just destined for 1 cour and won't sell more than 1000 Blu-Ray. Looking at the picture itself, suddenly I had flashbacks of ImoCho which took me literally 8 months to finish.

I imagine that the first episode will feature the MC ""accidentally"" tripping up and will end up touching the girl's boobs. Along the way, the MC will spout cringe-worthy lines and do tepid high school shenanigans that is even more cringeworthy than "Masamune-kun's Revenge" while the last couple of episodes will introduce some stupid forced drama with a non-decisive ""ending"". Not to mention, this will have full of QUALITY animation that will put "Lights of the Clione" to shame.

That's it. I literally saved you 300 minutes of your life for this shit. If you're planning to watch this shit for the girls, might as well just go to pixiv or the booru of your choice and jack off there.

Last edited by Ermat_46 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
deelorry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
Oh so at least high chance gonna be good or quality (judging from Anime Strike's collection of anime this year)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
I'm also a little disappointed cause I kinda wanted Funi to dub this since they tend to do well with Love Comedies and the innuedo jokes like in this show.

Exactly. I even tweeted an article about this show to Dave Trosko. I am enjoying the dubbed version of "My First Girlfriend is a Gal" that he's directing.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Looks like some garbage ecchi-fest that looks like it was just destined for 1 cour and won't sell more than 1000 Blu-Ray. Looking at the picture itself, suddenly I had flashbacks of ImoCho which took me literally 8 months to finish.

I imagine that the first episode will feature the MC ""accidentally"" tripping up and will end up touching the girl's boobs. Along the way, the MC will spout cringe-worthy lines and do tepid high school shenanigans that is even more cringeworthy than "Masamune-kun's Revenge" while the last couple of episodes will introduce some stupid forced drama with a non-decisive ""ending"".

That's it. I literally saved you 300 minutes of your life for this shit. If you're planning to watch this shit for the girls, might as well just go to pixiv or the booru of your choice and jack off there.

Or it could end up being a good comedy anime, like Aho Girl.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 am Reply with quote
This show looks like garbage, but for some reason this, and other shows Strike has picked up this season suddenly become great titles in the eyes of some fans. This is rather curious. It is as if they were looking for excuses to complain about that service

I have been subscribed to Anime Strike since it was launched, but this season they only have Inuyashiki and a bunch of forgettable stuff.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
This show looks like garbage, but for some reason this, and other shows Strike has picked up this season suddenly become great titles in the eyes of some fans. This is rather curious. It is as if they were looking for excuses to complain about that service

I have been subscribed to Anime Strike since it was launched, but this season they only have Inuyashiki and a bunch of forgettable stuff.

Girls' Last Tour looks good too, but they certainly haven't got many highly anticipated titles so far.

I don't know that I would go so far as to say people are looking for excuses to rage at Strike, but there have been plenty people have made a big fuss about, and once they came out, turned out to not be worth the fuss. Then again I thought PriPri was going to be one of them.

I'll probably check this out, but I'm leaning towards it not being a huge loss if you don't use Strike.
Milzn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
Well i am very sad. Although i like Sentai dubs, this show will not be dubbed before 2020. I wished FUNimation to take it and simuldub it right away
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Wakanim is calling it "My Girlfriend Is Too Much To Handle". I wonder if that's a name that Sentai originally came up with, and now all the places licensing it from them are using it globally?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2