• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hozuki's Coolheadedness Season 2's Opening Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robiii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I stopped watching this show after 1st episode but i just have to ask, where the hell do these 2 lolis come from?
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
... i just have to ask, where the hell do these 2 lolis come from?

They are zashiki-warashi. I am too tired to paraphrase, so I'll just use wiki's definition.

wikipedia wrote:
...also called Zashiki Bokko (Japanese: 座敷ぼっこ, literally "guestroom basker"), are spirit-like beings told about mostly in the Iwate Prefecture. They are said to be gods that live in zashiki or storage rooms, and they would perform pranks, and those that see one would be visited with good fortune.

There are also legends of how they would bring fortune to families. They are also known from Kunio Yanagita's Tōno Monogatari, Ishigami Mondō, and stories about them appear in the 17th and 18th chapter of the Tōno Monogatari and the 87th chapter titled "Zashiki-warashi" of the Tōno Monogatari Shūi, and in this 17th chapter it is written "families with whom this god dwells are freely able to prosper at will" (kono kami no yadoritamafu ihe ha fūki jizai nari to ifu koto nari) and "zashiki-warashi are also called 座敷童衆."

In recent years, they are also known from television programs and magazines that reported about various Iwate Prefecture ryokan where it is said to be possible to see a zashiki-warashi such as the Ryokufūsō, the Sugawara Bekkan, and the Warabe.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zashiki-warashi
dynamitMC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I think they have appeared in the OVAs. I might be wrong tho.
Peebs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I am teh sad I won't be watching this. Another title that I'm not interesting in buying, but want to stream legally. AS is not in the equation for me.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
dynamitMC wrote:
I think they have appeared in the OVAs. I might be wrong tho.

OVA 1 release 1st episode to be exact. They'll be semi-regular in appearance now that they've been co-opted into the ensemble OP theme song (just as they were in the OVA renditions).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1