• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ao Oni Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Is this book out in a physical form, or is it digital only? I couldn't find that information in the rereview, but t'd love to read it if I knew where to hunt it down.[/quote]
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:00 pm Reply with quote
It's digital-only right now, but Seven Seas has been releasing some of J-Novel Club's books in paperback, so we can hope.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
It's digital-only right now, but Seven Seas has been releasing some of J-Novel Club's books in paperback, so we can hope.

Unless this review boosts the number of sales for it by a significant margin, I don't see it happening any time soon... The book ain't doing so hot from what I've seen.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:55 pm Reply with quote
jenny10-11 wrote:
Is this book out in a physical form, or is it digital only? I couldn't find that information in the rereview, but t'd love to read it if I knew where to hunt it down.

You can get it on Amazon.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
Interesting that the illustrator for this did some of the Higurashi manga. I wasn't a huge fan of how that story was paced (by the 3rd arc, we don't need 60% of the volume to be cutesy shenanigans), but the art was always very good and affecting during the scary scenes. I don't know whether this illustrator was the artist for it, but the last few panels of the "Cotton Drifting Arc" startled the HECK out of me, and imo the anime didn't execute that scene nearly as well.

I was curious about this light novel; sounds interesting, so i'll be checking it out soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1