• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: YU-NO Anime Reveals Director, Designer, Plans to Depict All Routes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 am Reply with quote
What ever happen to just come up with a solid story to attract new players to your game. They are simply catering to their players who already have paid. Rolling Eyes
danpmss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Despict all routes?

They are going to need 50 episodes minimum, good luck with that being 26 episodes split-cour.
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:31 pm Reply with quote
There's no way in hell they're going to be able to fit in all the routes in 26 episodes without completely butchering them. Just one more reason I'm not looking forward to this I guess.
HameruIsCool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
What I'm hoping is that they fix some of the worse plot shenanigans such as in Ayumi's route. spoiler[Takuya clearly witnessed Toyotomi colluding with Yakuza thugs to rob Ayumi of the documents and pretend to assault her before he comes in to "rescue" her and wrap her around his thumb. From what the player sees, it feels absurd that Takuya wouldn't make that connection and tell Ayumi outright that Toyotomi's using her.]

I also hope they just plain retcon any spoiler[father-daughter incest], as that just felt forced in for fetish purposes.
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
No Inoue Kikuko? Crying or Very sad
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote
This normally doesn't sound like good news, but it seems the staff are pretty enthusiastic about it. I guess rather than depicting all routes, they're going for an alternate plot? Since it's a relic of the 90s, I'm still interested in this project though.

Last edited by BlueAlf on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:51 am Reply with quote
HameruIsCool wrote:
What I'm hoping is that they fix some of the worse plot shenanigans such as in Ayumi's route. spoiler[Takuya clearly witnessed Toyotomi colluding with Yakuza thugs to rob Ayumi of the documents and pretend to assault her before he comes in to "rescue" her and wrap her around his thumb. From what the player sees, it feels absurd that Takuya wouldn't make that connection and tell Ayumi outright that Toyotomi's using her.]

But if I remember correctlyspoiler[ Takuya tells Ayumi that Toyotomi is using her, however she doesn't believe him, isn't that the ending where Ayumi kills herself?]
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Hirakawa vowed that the anime "will outdo the game in dirty jokes," that Mio "will be even more tsundere," and that Kanna "will be even more mysterious."

Someone please tell the director and the writers that what we need is for the characters to act like legitimate people, not like a checklist of tropes, which 99% of anime fails to do.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Quote:
Hirakawa vowed that the anime "will outdo the game in dirty jokes," that Mio "will be even more tsundere," and that Kanna "will be even more mysterious."

Someone please tell the director and the writers that what we need is for the characters to act like legitimate people, not like a checklist of tropes, which 99% of anime fails to do.

I feel the same way. I don't see how the first two promises is suppose to be something we should be excited about. Well...I say that but somewhere out their there are people who do like dirty jokes as well as people who act like jerks (for some reason). Plus when I think about it there is a possibility that concerning this Mio who is going be even more "tsundere" in the anime there might be silver lining in the sense that this could be use for the benefit of the theme and her overall character growth they might have plan for this upcoming anime. Of course I say this with not having much knowledge of the original source material, but I am guessing they could take liberties to tell their own story in the process.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1