• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aura Battler Dunbine Streams on HIDIVE in English, Japanese

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Guess I'm gonna have to start adding HiDive to my subscription list. *sigh*
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:49 pm Reply with quote
So they are going to stream episodes of a 35 year old anime weekly? 49 episodes means it'll take nearly a year...
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
So they are going to stream episodes of a 35 year old anime weekly? 49 episodes means it'll take nearly a year...

Why Not? This is practically the oldest series that fits the defintion of an isekai story, It would be nice to explore some of the precursors to the current trend in anime genres.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I think the concern isn't that it's being streamed at all, but with how they're doing it weekly rather than releasing it all at once for no apparent reason.

They're also doing this with Ideon and Xabungle. That makes me wonder if it was a requirement, but as far as I know Dunbine and L-Gaim came out all at once on Daisuki.

Are they taking their time translating and subtitling it (or re-subtitling, as it would be in this case), and putting up at this pace because of that?
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Techinally Aura Battler Dunbine has already been re-subbed when it was on Daisuki so does that mean they are gonna redub it away from the Uncle Carl dub?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
I think the concern isn't that it's being streamed at all, but with how they're doing it weekly rather than releasing it all at once for no apparent reason.

They're also doing this with Ideon and Xabungle. That makes me wonder if it was a requirement, but as far as I know Dunbine and L-Gaim came out all at once on Daisuki.

Are they taking their time translating and subtitling it (or re-subtitling, as it would be in this case), and putting up at this pace because of that?

I'm kinda glad they are doing it this way since its easier for me to schedule my personal time to watch it since I'm so busy all the time, but it would be nice it they added 4 or 5 episodes a week like they did with Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
DeTroyes wrote:
Guess I'm gonna have to start adding HiDive to my subscription list. *sigh*

If you subscribe before May 1, you can save $1 per month (paying $3.99/month instead of $4.99 per month). That offer was supposed to expire Sunday, be I saw just now on their site they extended it.

LegitPancake wrote:

Perhaps HIDIVE read the complaints about Netflix not simulcasting and thought, "Oh, people really like viewing an episode per week, rather than having everything available at once". Very Happy

Seriously, however, they've been doling out dubs at rate of 1 per week for a while now. (LotGH was subbed only, which may be why it was at a faster rate).
the green death

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:04 am Reply with quote
Ok, time to add a streaming service. I’m going to drop Netflix for a while, so I’ll replace with this. I like channels that air the classics and subscribed to Daisuki despite their ads and regular glitche.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:26 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:

If they were closer to the size of Funi, they could bring out quicker. One argument is that because they are not as big as Funi or licensing as many titles as Funi, Sentai Filmworks might not have as many issues with delaying their dubbed streams.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1