• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time Game's Launch Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re'Nell Glover

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Now, I don't watch the show, but given the franchise's main target audience (the show is rated TV-Y7 on Netflix), you'd think Bandai Namco's international subsidiaries would've gotten the developers to soften the game's content for international release, but that probably wouldn't happen. The weirder thing is that the upcoming English version of the manga by Yen Press has been given an All-Ages rating (same with the game's Japanese version), so this game feels like the odd man out.
Marc With a C

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Re'Nell Glover wrote:
Now, I don't watch the show, but given the franchise's main target audience (the show is rated TV-Y7 on Netflix), you'd think Bandai Namco's international subsidiaries would've gotten the developers to soften the game's content for international release, but that probably wouldn't happen. The weirder thing is that the upcoming English version of the manga by Yen Press has been given an All-Ages rating (same with the game's Japanese version), so this game feels like the odd man out.

To further add to the oddity, it's been given a rating of 7 by PEGI in European regions, however PEGI tend to be a lot more Lenient on rating titles in cases, and stricter in others. I feel as if the game won't have reach outside of the audience that dove into it on Netflix or caught it during the original run, so I doubt the team would want it altered for international release.
Re'Nell Glover

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Also, this hasn't been the only T-rated game based on a kid's show/movie (Power Rangers Super Samurai, the unreleased Genesis version of Stone Protectors, several Digimon games prior to the Cyber Sleuth series, The Last Airbender (2010), and Legend of Korra come to mind)
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Re'Nell Glover wrote:

The show aired at like 1 AM in Japan. It's main audience isn't kids.
Re'Nell Glover

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 am Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
Re'Nell Glover wrote:

If that's the case, then I am even more confused
HueyLion

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:10 am Reply with quote
Re'Nell Glover wrote:
Chester McCool wrote:
Re'Nell Glover wrote:

Aren't we all....Just know its not for kids but rather Teens and young adults
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 am Reply with quote
LWA is the definition of family viewing. I could not think of a single offensive thing it did.
Levonr

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Re'Nell Glover wrote:

Well you did say you didn't watch the show. I'd rate it PG, not G. Its not Pokemon here, its more broad than that. As the director said, "I want to broaden the scope and make Little Witch Academia(TV) an anime that will not choose people.".

The show can be pretty twisted at times and the dub does have swearing, so not aimed at super young children.

Anyway, this game doesn't look good so pass. Why the Teen rating? I always found gaming ratings more harsh with violence mostly. I mean a few of the Super Smash Bros. are rated Teen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1