Forum - View topic
NEWS: Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar Anime's English-Subtitled Teaser Streamed




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
G S Palmer



Joined: 02 Oct 2015
Posts: 240
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Not to be nitpicky, but if the show is meant to be set in a world inspired by Norse mythology, then why does it all look so desert-y (complete with palm trees and all)?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northlander



Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 713
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
The same people who thought that said magic-wielding warrior maides are called "Einherjar", I think. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Treeborn



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 642
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I see the trailer and read the premise, and I think of that abysmal train wreck of a series Chitose worked on in Girlish Number
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodz



Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:41 pm Reply with quote
No thanks, looks boring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Afezeria



Joined: 20 Aug 2015
Posts: 785
Location: Malaysia, Kuantan.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Great, Crunchyroll. Please pick up another harem series, it's not like there's no better shows out there next season. Animax Asia also choose to aired Isekai Smartsphone on their channel, which helps in spreading this genre even more.

spoiler[Why not pick Sora Yori, Hakumei to Mikochi, Yuru Camp or Made in Abyss?!]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G S Palmer



Joined: 02 Oct 2015
Posts: 240
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Great, Crunchyroll. Please pick up another harem series, it's not like there's no better shows out there next season. Animax Asia also choose to aired Isekai Smartsphone on their channel, which helps in spreading this genre even more.

spoiler[Why not pick Sora Yori, Hakumei to Mikochi, Yuru Camp or Made in Abyss?!]

But they did pick up Sora Yori and Yuru Camp. And they couldn't get the other two because Sentai licensed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Afezeria



Joined: 20 Aug 2015
Posts: 785
Location: Malaysia, Kuantan.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:18 pm Reply with quote
G S Palmer wrote:
But they did pick up Sora Yori and Yuru Camp. And they couldn't get the other two because Sentai licensed them.
Really? My mistake then. I could've sworn that it wasn't there the last time I checked the schedule. Probably need to get my eye fixed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12206
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:01 am Reply with quote
G S Palmer wrote:
Not to be nitpicky, but if the show is meant to be set in a world inspired by Norse mythology, then why does it all look so desert-y (complete with palm trees and all)?!

I guess the light novel writer wanted more of a liberalized adaptation of a Norse myth-based world. Light/web/visual novel, manga, and anime logic of such things is probably not high priority for the writers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group