Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Familia Chronicle: Episode Lyu Novel 1




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 1176
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I've even wondered in the past if she might not be a proxy for Freya, and nothing in this novel dissuades me from that speculation.

I assume she's Freya's spirit.

Nice to see more Danmachi here; now to wait for the volume 11 review.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 15499
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Vol. 11 may or may not get its own review, in part because I have mixed feelings about how it was handled.

Vol. 6 of Sword Oratoria, OTOH, is more likely to get its own review because it has bigger contributions to the overall setting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 1176
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Was it that spoiler[Bell didn't really suffer any lasting consequences from publicly defending Wiene? I'll admit, I was expecting him to have to run terrible jobs for a while or something; the whole situation would probably be more arresting animated though.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore17



Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Vol. 11 may or may not get its own review, in part because I have mixed feelings about how it was handled.

Vol. 6 of Sword Oratoria, OTOH, is more likely to get its own review because it has bigger contributions to the overall setting.

Doesn't mixed feelings make a review more important?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GhostD



Joined: 07 May 2016
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:21 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Was it that spoiler[Bell didn't really suffer any lasting consequences from publicly defending Wiene? I'll admit, I was expecting him to have to run terrible jobs for a while or something; the whole situation would probably be more arresting animated though.]


More like spoiler[his rep was mostly restored because of the climactic event near the end of the volume. However, this vol made it very clear that next to the Xenos, Bell was public enemy number 1]

Quote:
Vol. 11 may or may not get its own review, in part because I have mixed feelings about how it was handled.


spoiler[Trust me if Sword Oratoria's vol. 10 is anything to go by then the events of the main story's vol. 11 is leading up to some more development to a certain swordswoman.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jr240483



Joined: 24 Dec 2005
Posts: 3972
Location: New York City,New York,USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:21 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
FilthyCasual wrote:
Was it that spoiler[Bell didn't really suffer any lasting consequences from publicly defending Wiene? I'll admit, I was expecting him to have to run terrible jobs for a while or something; the whole situation would probably be more arresting animated though.]


More like spoiler[his rep was mostly restored because of the climactic event near the end of the volume. However, this vol made it very clear that next to the Xenos, Bell was public enemy number 1]

Quote:
Vol. 11 may or may not get its own review, in part because I have mixed feelings about how it was handled.


spoiler[Trust me if Sword Oratoria's vol. 10 is anything to go by then the events of the main story's vol. 11 is leading up to some more development to a certain swordswoman.]


my main concern is that the series might have those two have the same fate ala darling in the franxx cause from that novel and the pictures, its starting to feel more and more like its going to end up being a duel to the death!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GhostD



Joined: 07 May 2016
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
GhostD wrote:
FilthyCasual wrote:
Was it that spoiler[Bell didn't really suffer any lasting consequences from publicly defending Wiene? I'll admit, I was expecting him to have to run terrible jobs for a while or something; the whole situation would probably be more arresting animated though.]


More like spoiler[his rep was mostly restored because of the climactic event near the end of the volume. However, this vol made it very clear that next to the Xenos, Bell was public enemy number 1]

Quote:
Vol. 11 may or may not get its own review, in part because I have mixed feelings about how it was handled.


spoiler[Trust me if Sword Oratoria's vol. 10 is anything to go by then the events of the main story's vol. 11 is leading up to some more development to a certain swordswoman.]


my main concern is that the series might have those two have the same fate ala darling in the franxx cause from that novel and the pictures, its starting to feel more and more like its going to end up being a duel to the death!


Its waaay too early to assume that. Even as of vol 13 of the main story spoiler[nothing happens between Bell and Ais because starting from vol 13 the story focuses on Lyu. I dont have any updates yet on vol 14 but one thing thats sure is that she's still the focused character which is why Im waiting for Sword Oratoria's vol 11 although that will still be a while away as vol 10 just came out]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yaafm



Joined: 11 Mar 2017
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Why did they write it Lyu when the voice actors say her name it sounds a hell of a lot closer to Ryu?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GhostD



Joined: 07 May 2016
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:03 am Reply with quote
Yaafm wrote:
Why did they write it Lyu when the voice actors say her name it sounds a hell of a lot closer to Ryu?


Obviously because the Japanese pronounce the L as R
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jr240483



Joined: 24 Dec 2005
Posts: 3972
Location: New York City,New York,USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:

Its waaay too early to assume that. Even as of vol 13 of the main story spoiler[nothing happens between Bell and Ais because starting from vol 13 the story focuses on Lyu. I dont have any updates yet on vol 14 but one thing thats sure is that she's still the focused character which is why Im waiting for Sword Oratoria's vol 11 although that will still be a while away as vol 10 just came out]


not really. its from the way on how vol 11 ended and from the looks of the start of vol 12 that is where i have my assumptions of on those two and the presumption that they will end up as enemies at the end! reminded me way too much of ep 13 and 14 of darling in the franxx which is why i dropped it after three chapters of vol 12. if their relationship is going to go THAT ROUTE, then there is zero point in continuing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GhostD



Joined: 07 May 2016
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
GhostD wrote:

Its waaay too early to assume that. Even as of vol 13 of the main story spoiler[nothing happens between Bell and Ais because starting from vol 13 the story focuses on Lyu. I dont have any updates yet on vol 14 but one thing thats sure is that she's still the focused character which is why Im waiting for Sword Oratoria's vol 11 although that will still be a while away as vol 10 just came out]


not really. its from the way on how vol 11 ended and from the looks of the start of vol 12 that is where i have my assumptions of on those two and the presumption that they will end up as enemies at the end! reminded me way too much of ep 13 and 14 of darling in the franxx which is why i dropped it after three chapters of vol 12. if their relationship is going to go THAT ROUTE, then there is zero point in continuing.


I have already read vol 12 and 13. Ill repeat it as needed.spoiler[ Nothing much develops between Bell and Ais after vol 11 because vol 12 acts as a kind of breather after the Xenos arc and vol 13 focuses on Ryu. Vol 14 will continue where 13 left off cos 13 literally ended with a cliff hanger]

The best way to know how things will progress between Ais and Bell is to wait for Sword Oratoria's vol 11 cos vol 10 is focuses on the main story's vol 11 but from Ais and the Loki Familia's POV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group