• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime's Video Reveals Additional Staff (Updated with English-Sub

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:54 am Reply with quote
Damn, they brought in Ordinal Scale’s animation. Me being a completionist might actually pay off.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:33 am Reply with quote
After the fast-paced excitement that is SAO Alternative GGO, I'm not sure I'd get back to this universe with the same excitement, especially Alicization with its seemingly slow pace. I know it's a completely different world, even more so like a different anime universe (even with completely different characters), but only thinking that they're originating from the same series, I can't help but to compare them with GGO overshadowing Alicization.
Unless Alicization turned out to be outstanding action-wise too (premise looks alright).
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:40 am Reply with quote
More Yuki Kajiura? Sign me up. I love her music.
Flü

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:05 am Reply with quote
This is based on a mainline novel that's written by the original author and has Kirito as a protag, right?

Pass.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:04 am Reply with quote
There are enough LN material for 3-4 coursl Lets hope they don't rush things up to put everything in 24 episodes.

SAO Alternative GGO was OK but this is what SAO is all about!!
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
There are enough LN material for 3-4 coursl Lets hope they don't rush things up to put everything in 24 episodes.

SAO Alternative GGO was OK but this is what SAO is all about!!

If Black Clover and Boruto can go beyond 2 cours, I;m sure SAO can.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quote
SAO Alternative was definitely a faster-paced story than Alicization is going to be. Based on what I've read so far, though (i.e., novel 13), I continue to disagree that you'd need 3-4 cours to do it properly. The novels in the middle, at least, are rather short, and spending as much as 4-5 full episodes on some of them would be a serious stretch.

Definitely cool teaser and advertising pic, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what spoiler[Alice Synthesis Thirty] looks like in action. Easily one of my most-anticipated titles of the fall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:56 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
SAO Alternative was definitely a faster-paced story than Alicization is going to be. Based on what I've read so far, though (i.e., novel 13), I continue to disagree that you'd need 3-4 cours to do it properly. The novels in the middle, at least, are rather short, and spending as much as 4-5 full episodes on some of them would be a serious stretch.

Definitely cool teaser and advertising pic, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what spoiler[Alice Synthesis Thirty] looks like in action. Easily one of my most-anticipated titles of the fall.

Alicization lasts until volume 18 though and there's so much crazy stuff that happens in those 5 volumes or so, it's easily more content then any of the previous seasons alone. Also the PV is only showing stuff from the first half of Alicization and nothing from the final half. I just can't see them squeezing 10 volumes of content into two cours, especially when that's basically using up all the available content that's out. I can see them spreading out this content over the course of a year with four cours since it's pretty much the biggest chunk of the SAO story and the original conclusion to the series.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:07 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

For what i know of the novels contend, I would say, if you use the same pace as the first 2 seasons, the first part spoiler[Administrator] can be done in 12-13 episodes.
But the part of spoiler[Underworld War] would need at least 24 episodes.
That's why I think that you would need at least 3 cours to do a good adaptation without rushing it.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Second half is more busy with more characters so I don't think you can compress it like the first half. The first half novels, I think could be done in 2-3 fairly easily (and really should be done under 3 eps per because they're overall pretty boring imo).

Still, at averaging 2.5 eps per novel for the first half, you've already used 1 cour. The only way to do all of the novels in 2 cour would be to continue that pace throughout.

I don't get why they're doing this seeing as how the first 2 SAOs covered ~4 and ~3.5 novels. Now they want to do 10? And then I see Index 3 doing something similar... Fall is looking like the prime season for rushing like hell through a ton of novels.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

I don't get why they're doing this seeing as how the first 2 SAOs covered ~4 and ~3.5 novels. Now they want to do 10? And then I see Index 3 doing something similar... Fall is looking like the prime season for rushing like hell through a ton of novels.

From what i know they still don't tell how many episodes they are going to do so lets hope they don't rush things,

And if you think about how big is SAO on Japan, from a sales/profit point of view, it would not make much sense if they don't make more than 1-2 cours.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Flü wrote:
This is based on a mainline novel that's written by the original author and has Kirito as a protag, right?

Pass.

You mean its based on the original story with the original MC.

Watch.
S0crates

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this!
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for this to eventually be on Toonami
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
Can't wait for this to eventually be on Toonami

While I was waiting for SAO: Phantom Bullet anime (season 2) to be available in complete set on DVDs...Aniplex, when will you do it?!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2