• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind Anime's 6 Main Cast Members Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yūichi Nakamura as Bruno Bucciarati

The only part 5 character voice that I liked in the videogames and they changed to this. meh.
Zimmer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:27 am Reply with quote
I wonder why they keep switching to different VAs than the games.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:28 am Reply with quote
Every JoJo main voice actors since Part 3 is an Ono, very clever. Because they are rhyme with JoJo? Is this like the 3 Chrises in the MCU?

Next Jolyne's voice actress will be another Ono to keep the tradition. Ono Ryoko?
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
Sadly they changed all game voice actors...I was expecting for at least Yuko Sanpei as Narancia but I will give a try
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:35 am Reply with quote
Zimmer wrote:
I wonder why they keep switching to different VAs than the games.

Director simply holds a new auditions, rather than reusing voice actors from the game. Those few who returned from the game, had to pass a new auditions as well.
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:42 am Reply with quote
I am glad we get part 5 animated so i wont complain about the V.A Changes in the game.. But it kinda makes me sad Sad. The V.A for Giorno and Buccelati was spot on! Though since i haven't lived with them that much i can handle the change !
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 am Reply with quote
I hope they sound amazing, because I loved the cast in the games.
Although, I felt this way when part 4 was announced and after watching the anime, my opinion changed. So maybe they'll do the same. Let's see.
Either way, I'm excited and happy to watch the anime when it comes out. Very Happy
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:23 am Reply with quote
Takamachi Ryoko wrote:
Next Jolyne's voice actress will be another Ono to keep the tradition. Ono Ryoko?
Ono Saki, for keeping the joke.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
Takamachi Ryoko wrote:
Every JoJo main voice actors since Part 3 is an Ono, very clever. Because they are rhyme with JoJo? Is this like the 3 Chrises in the MCU?

I think that's just a coincidence. Jonathan and Joseph weren't voiced by Onos.
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
ANN continues to push it with the (mis)usage of Vento Aureo despite that never being the name of Golden Wind since the beginning. Doubly so this time around, as the Italian translation of the series was defined as Vento Dorato at the start of the stream linked in this very article! Shameful ANN.
younesase

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
ANN continues to push it with the (mis)usage of Vento Aureo despite that never being the name of Golden Wind since the beginning. Doubly so this time around, as the Italian translation of the series was defined as Vento Dorato at the start of the stream linked in this very article! Shameful ANN.

Stop whining !! god damn it you're annoying af.
VENTO AUREO is cooler, better and more recognizable so it is better than your Golden whatever stupid english title.
You seem so triggered by a title of a god damn anime title that you comment on ever JOJO part 5 article just to tell ANN how shameless they are for not using the english translation of the title instead of the offcial and better title made by the author himself which is "Vento Aureo".
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I found the three Onos to JoJos thing to be a most amusing twist of fate. But what is even more amusing is this particular Ono has played both a very gay vampire and super powered gangster beforehand. Really, it's just too perfect a coincidence.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:51 pm Reply with quote
@anddo!: we've seen you complain about this on all our JoJo Pt5 articles. We appreciate the argument you're making, but not the disrespectful way in which you're making it.

For now, we don't plan on changing it.

Vento Aureo is just one of the three titles we list to identify the show, alongside the two main titles in English and Japanese. Vento Aureo isn't listed as an official title in our encyclopedia either. We're really just using it since it's helpful/useful for fans since many fans identify the series by that name. We have no plans to use Vento Aureo in the headlines, just once in the first sentence to help identify the title.
Enturax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quote
Woah... Is JoJo's author gay, maybe?
Stelman257

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:42 am Reply with quote
Enturax wrote:
Woah... Is JoJo's author gay, maybe?

If you're referring to the beautifully wonderful designs of the characters, then no and that's rather silly and presumptuous of you to say. He's been married to his wife since 1980 and has had 2 kids with her. He just took great inspiration from Italian Fashion magazines when designing these characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2