• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Flavors of Youth Producer Noritaka Kawaguchi and Director Yoshitaka Takeuchi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juusee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:42 am Reply with quote
Just a correction: Gunjou is actually Guangzhou, although I can picture Gunjou as the Japanese pronouciation for Guangzhou.

So the Chinese directors picked their hometowns huh? I was reading a Chinese forum discussing the announcement of this project and many people were complaining that Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou get the focus, saying that the Japanese only know of these cities, although I can't really blame them. They're usually the first cities to pop into the heads of foreigners.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Good read.

Don't follow the news on slice of life stuff that closely so I hadn't seen anything about this one before this interview and the previous This Week in Anime quick look that focused on it with those beautiful screenshots from this, but now I'll eventually check this out at least for those visuals. Plus also since it feels like it's been a long time since I've heard Crispin Freeman in a new dub so that will be a nice bonus too, along with some of my other favs seemingly being in there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1