• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Clover Anime to Continue Beyond Episode 51

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! They teasing that Demon Asta! I'm hyped. They delivered very awesome action moments so I am very looking forward to what's coming. And more BC opening too! They gave us some of this year's best OPs so far, I can't wait for more.

Last edited by GoldCrusader on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drunk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Complete adaptation in one single run maybe? The manga seems to be in its final stages...
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
Complete adaptation in one single run maybe? The manga seems to be in its final stages...
isn’t it weird? I’m a huge fan of BC since the jump (pun intended) and while no manga has to go the distance of say 700 chapters like Naruto did, I would’ve liked to see Black Clover go on for much longer. But as you said, it appears to be approaching end game... I mean we haven’t even had spoiler[a time skip or anything]
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
TokyoSplash wrote:
Drunk wrote:
isn’t it weird? I’m a huge fan of BC since the jump (pun intended) and while no manga has to go the distance of say 700 chapters like Naruto did, I would’ve liked to see Black Clover go on for much longer. But as you said, it appears to be approaching end game... I mean we haven’t even had spoiler[a time skip or anything]
I haven’t read the manga, but wouldn’t it be better for the author to end it on his own terms than have Jump cancel it?
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Ok, i'm not watching the anime, but won't they pass the manga really soon? lol
Skydrop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Great news!!!! :)
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 pm Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:

No. There's still like 100 chapters to be adapted.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:

No way it's finishing anytime soon. We are approaching the end of a bigger arc, but I really don't think it's a final arc.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
So about the continuing new season, hopefully the pacing improves. I have to say watching this on Toonami is not a very pleasant experience because of its tendency to drag.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:21 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
TokyoSplash wrote:
Drunk wrote:
I haven’t read the manga, but wouldn’t it be better for the author to end it on his own terms than have Jump cancel it?
I guess that’s a good way of looking at it but from what I’ve heard BC has really begun to pick up steam in the community, especially because of the anime, so I can’t see why it would’ve gotten canceled in the not so near future.
Zzshcl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Im happy, there are a lot of material, so it is not gonna reach the manga point yet, I guess it is gonna be other 50 epi for now
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Yes, yes there's a group of people who enjoy this series, there's also a group of series that hates it because humans naturally have different & varied tastes in media.

I mean Jesus this is such a basic concept, stop bringing up the hatedom as if this is some supposed victory against them. Twilight is very successful yet that series has a large hatedom, & so does Fairy Tail. Its how life is.

So about the continuing new season, hopefully the pacing improves. I have to say watching this on Toonami is not a very pleasant experience because of its tendency to drag.

I think the concern is that those in that hatedom too often think their taste, both specifically and in general, is the correct and superior one, and look down on fans of the series. I agree that what you said is a basic concept, and I've only become more convinced as time goes on, but there are too many who think of their own taste or those who share their opinions as the one correct one, sometimes to the point of arguing that there isn't anyone who actually likes this or that show, all evidence to the contrary. Ideally, one need not concern oneself with the opinions of people who look down on you, but I can understand taking a series getting additional seasons as a win, especially when they take it as a disaster.

As for Black Clover, while I've had a similarly complicated relationship with it as Naruto and Boruto (though so far I would rate both higher overall), I'll be glad to continue watching it. Hopefully we can get some more nicely animated episodes and hopefully they can at least get to a good stopping point with the continuation.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 pm Reply with quote
It's a long way from the best series I've ever seen, but I've managed to maintain enough interest to keep watching it, mainly because I'm hoping things pick up at some point. Seeing Demon-Asta looked pretty bad ass, so I don't think my hope is entirely unfounded.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:

Not even close. The anime's sluggish pacing means that even with nearly 50 episodes they've only adapted around 65 chapters as of the latest episode. The manga's currently around 170.

I figured a further adaptation was in the books, but I do wish they'd have taken a season or two off instead of just continuing on. Even by long-running standards the production on Black Clover has been limping on broken legs for nearly half a year - cool isolated webgen animation notwithstanding - and I'm not exactly thrilled to watch it sleepwalk its way through the next arc.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote
So is the Toonami one gonna continue as well? It's doing pretty bad from what I can tell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3