• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ingress Anime Casts Virtual YouTuber Kizuna Ai

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I want ADA to be voiced by Spike Spencer in the English dub Very Happy
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Wait, I thought Kizuna Ai's voice is digitally-altered from whoever does the motion capture acting. Does one person do the movements as Ai and someone else supplies the voice?
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm under the impression that the voice actress wears the motion capture suit and her movements in the studio are reflected on screen as well as voicing the character of Kizuna Ai with her own range.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Wait, I thought Kizuna Ai's voice is digitally-altered from whoever does the motion capture acting. Does one person do the movements as Ai and someone else supplies the voice?

From what we know it's not her natural voice but it's within her range, as in it's not digitally altered in any way.

Honestly I congratulate her VA on getting so much work through Kizuna Ai but I wonder if she's able to use said work to get roles outside of Kizuna...
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I'm under the impression that the voice actress wears the motion capture suit and her movements in the studio are reflected on screen as well as voicing the character of Kizuna Ai with her own range.

Heh, I had the impression that she's actually a man, but perhaps that's just me and my mischievous imagination. Hence why I thought it may have been digitally altered.

FlowerAiko wrote:

From what we know it's not her natural voice but it's within her range, as in it's not digitally altered in any way.

Honestly I congratulate her VA on getting so much work through Kizuna Ai but I wonder if she's able to use said work to get roles outside of Kizuna...

Interesting. Anyone know if it's actually the person performing? Or is it something nobody's really that sure of?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1