• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Gamers Pick Which Mobile Game Should Be Inspire an Anime Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
nice that people still think about banyaro and appreciate it despite it ending its service.. i wouldn't watch an anime of it because I'm not really into those shows but I would be happy if it got one. (mostly so they could release more cure2tron songs...)

shironeko seems like the sort of story that'd get an anime easy. it's a pretty generic storyline so it wouldn't surprise me if it did get an adaptation.

side note the title for this article needs fixing
"Japanese Gamers Pick Which Mobile Game Should Be Inspire an Anime Next"
should either be
"Japanese Gamers Pick Which Mobile Game Should Be an Anime Next"
or
"Japanese Gamers Pick Which Mobile Game Should Inspire an Anime Next"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Let's talk a conclusion to the rage of bahamut anime. Then let's talk everything else. Honestly last season kind of slowly died inside in the last like 7 episodes but I'd still like a movie or something to conclude it all. Mobile game or not, that anime had real class. Very unique. It said "screw you" to character tropes and such. The characters were all so refreshing.
Xavon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Brave Frontier or FF:BE would be my top choices...
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:15 pm Reply with quote
“The iDOLM@STER” is not an anime based on a mobile game. It’s based off of the console video game The iDOLM@STER 2.

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls is based off of a mobile game.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:16 pm Reply with quote
More crap like Senjuushi, Battle Girl High School and Sora to Umi no Aida for everyone! These mobage adaptations are truly the bottom of the barrel when it comes to anime adaptations. I could argue that Visual Novels, heck even Light Novels, make better source materials than games as these have already pre-defined stories. Gacha games are even worse source materials since these have loads and loads of characters, which the staff feels the need to shoehorn into the anime.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
They should definitely do Sdorica. That game has a lot of interesting characters (and voiced by Japanese actors already so role reprisal wouldn't be an issue) and a unique plot perspective that makes you the player as the one following and writing the game's story as it unfolds before you. I started playing it not too long ago and it's very entertaining. Everyone will probably hate Puggi though, as he is monumentally annoying.

Plus, for fans of Grimoire of Zero's Mercenary, Pang offers nonstop shirtless tiger manservice. ; )

Last edited by belvadeer on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
H-games (otherwise known as galge or bishōjo games) used to be a common basis for harem anime but developers are closing up their offices and the format has since fallen out of favor.

Speaking of, if you're coming to Youmacon this weekend, I'm doing a panel called "Whatever Happened to Visual Novel Anime?" that addresses this very phenomenon.
Dr. Walrus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:26 am Reply with quote
Runescape is now a mobile game. It would make as good of an anime as any of these games.

Let me guess, the winner will end up being another anime with 12+ girls as the main characters with cookie cutter personalities competing over something to gain the approval of some off-screen male authority figure for the viewer to project themselves into
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1