• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mo Dao zhu shi (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:24 am Reply with quote
Has noone ever heard of Mo Dao zhu shi? Because for a chinese anime, its really, REALLY good. It has beautiful & fluid animation. 1st season just wrapped up not too long ago and a second season is in the works. But I`ve never seen anyone talk of it on here.
Akuuza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I have seen this one and I really like it, like you know, one of the better animations this year. For me at least. Anyway, saying:

Felicity dash wrote:
for a chinese anime, its really, REALLY good

is a disservice to it and I would rather say it is way better than plenty of Japanese animation.
It has a lot of action but still takes time for character development. This part can be hard to swallow because after the first two episodes there is a flashback that last for the remainder of the season basically. But if you stick to it the pay off is definitely worth it.
The series is green lit for two more seasons and since the source work (a novel) is finished I assume that they will cover it to the end. It's to bad that ANN don't include this (and also The King's Avatar, made by the same studio) in there database so more people can find out about it and love it (but since they are all about Japanese animation I see why).
Don't get scared of the BL tag either since the romance, though a motivation for some actions, still is more of a subplot and nothing happened in the first season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1