• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon GO Game Reveals Trainer Battle System

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Nice that we got more information on how the battle system is going to work, but I do not know if this would be enough to get me to playing Pokémon Go. From what I have read it looks like it's going to be similar to how players face giant pokémon during the special events which were not at all that engaging compare to battling in the core Pokémon games. I would like to see a video of this battle system in action before I make a decision.

In the meantime for the people who are already invested in Go, I can imagine this is something they may be looking forward to as they can finally do something with the pokémon they catch besides displaying them as collections, trading for other pokémon, and turning some of them into candies to use on other pokémon. This is certainly a feature that was a long time coming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I'll stick with playing Let's Go, Pikachu! on my Switch, thanks.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:21 am Reply with quote
I am excited (I like walking with some podcasts or music and this game helps me okay Anime hyper) I have no idea if I will like this battle mode or will I just be reminded of the typical system of the games, but I will certainly try it, besides I have many friends on high levels of friendship already :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1