• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Futari H's Aki Katsu Launches New Manga About Woman Who Marries 2 Men

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
The premise of this story interest me. I would like give it a read and see how the story plays out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
Hey, we got manga that ends with the guy in polygamy paradise so why not a reverse now and then? I've genuinely been wanting to see a 'where they're already married mmf' story, I might check out a few chapters.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quote
Three some?
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 am Reply with quote
The proper solution to a love triangle, as long as the boys get with each other, too, not just with the girl.

I hope it doesn't end up like ... 90% of stories that start out with a socially non-conforming premise, and have the characters realize that they have problems that are better solved by conventional means, and "learn" to conform (that is to say, un-learn thinking).

(Then again, to really be a thinking life form would be to get rid of marriage altogether, but that's just my opinion... allowing multiple marriages is a start.)
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I like to think he just wants an excuse to show threesomes but can't do that in Futari H since the main couple is just too faithful and adorable together for them to be doing that now.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Translator @VerdelishJP (who most recently did the LNs for Kokoro Connect) had some nice things to say about this on her Twitter: https://twitter.com/verdelishJP/status/1073627582262796289
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
The Red Pill + Spiderman Meme the manga.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, I wonder if the characters won't get in legal trouble there... Oh well.

A ,amga abput Polyamory? I'm down with that.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:29 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Hey, we got manga that ends with the guy in polygamy paradise so why not a reverse now and then?

What manga would that be?

invalidname wrote:
Translator @VerdelishJP (who most recently did the LNs for Kokoro Connect) had some nice things to say about this on her Twitter.

That is good to read. Smile It's to bad I can't read Japanese at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
manapear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. I didn't realize how long Futari H is, but I remember finding the early stuff I read to be very cute. I'll definitely give this a shot.
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Weren't the two main characters from FutariH suppose to be having a baby soonish? Did that chapter ever come out? I was kind of curious what gender and name the baby ended up with! Very Happy
ericarreza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 am Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:
Well, I wonder if the characters won't get in legal trouble there... Oh well.

Well there are some society & countries that Polyandry are legal like in the countries of India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka & the Canadian Arctic: https://definitions.uslegal.com/p/polyandry/

And did you know that a Polyandry family [one wife with 2 or more husbands] have a better chance of survival in the case of economic & political situations, family values & health than Polygyny family [one husband with 2 or more wives]? I'd made this question before from Quora.com about Polyandry vs. Polygyny: https://www.quora.com/Which-of-these-two-types-of-polygamy-do-you-think-is-better-in-terms-of-marriage-sex-family-values-etc-one-husband-with-many-wives-or-a-wife-with-many-husbands/answer/Cynthia-Zaman?__nsrc__=4&__snid3__=3045066340

Quote:
A ,amga abput Polyamory? I'm down with that.

Well, who cares about it? If this will make an anime/OVA or a live action adaptation about a woman married to two guys at the same time (and let's say they'd married in India or Nepal where Polyandry is legal but not in Japan), then this will be the best reverse harem ever made, a romantic comedy & slice of life story with a bit of ecchi but not too hentai.
Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1