• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fruits Basket Anime Casts Kazuyuki Okitsu, Takahiro Sakurai

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:03 am Reply with quote
Oh man my dreams of Sugita playing Ayame have been crushed lol

But somehow, while this casting was not what I expected, I am stil super excited about it! I love Okitsu and Sakurai both dearly.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm most familiar with Okitsu from his role as M in SAO which was a good role so I'm looking forward to hearing him in Fruits Basket. Is this Sakurai's first anime voice acting role? From the ANN encyclopedia list, it looks like he's only been in video game and drama CDs before this.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm most familiar with Okitsu from his role as M in SAO which was a good role so I'm looking forward to hearing him in Fruits Basket. Is this Sakurai's first anime voice acting role? From the ANN encyclopedia list, it looks like he's only been in video game and drama CDs before this.

Umm, I’ve been following his career in anime for about ten years now. If you scroll past all the video/cd stuff, you’ll see all his anime roles.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
This is why I probably shouldn't check ANN when I'm still sleepy in the morning after being up late the previous night. Anime hyper I should have recognized Sakurai as Tentomon from Digimon right away.
Santiago Scarpino

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Not sure of what to think of Okitsu as Hatori. I dunno, I guess I just don't have enough experience with him (Only seen him in Jojo) to fully pass judgement on him, especially since I've grown so attached to Inoue Kazuhiko. In fact, I was kinda expecting them to get someone from around that same generation, like Tobita Nobuo, Tanaka Hideyuki or even Seki Toshihiko. But hey, I'll have faith for now.

Now Sakurai as Aya on the other hand... Nice. Very, very nice! He may not had been who I had in mind, but dammit just thinking about it feels nice! Also, since Nakamura is voicing Shigeru, that means Buccellati (PS2) is gonna be best friends with Buccellati (Anime)!
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Santiago Scarpino wrote:
Not sure of what to think of Okitsu as Hatori. I dunno, I guess I just don't have enough experience with him (Only seen him in Jojo) to fully pass judgement on him . . .

I was looking through his page on ANN to figure out just how many characters I know that he's voiced and the closest ones I think that come to mind for to Hatori IMO are Sugawara from GATE or Luscinia from Fam. Both are more serious, and a least a little older in Sugawara's case. Not sure how old Luscinia is supposed to be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1